SMORR October 2009 lets set this up | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR October 2009 lets set this up

I will cut it narrower tonite when i get home from work. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

P.S. I have installed a cobra cb and mag mount antenna from wal-mart. I think that it should be tuned, by reading all the previous posts. Does anyone have an SWR meter they could bring or should I pick one up from Radio shack?:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NO-DK
those vids do not do the actual trail even close to justice. I am gonna work like a mad man tommorow night on my rig -try to get some sliders built that will help my decision. :)
After doing BlackBear pass, i would say driving off Doe skid is way scarier!!!

Also love to GOT WOOD bumper!!! That funny and great idea, I 2nd that Greg removes his front and rear bumpers-also reese hitch, that way u can follow me little easier with out dragging, cause were taking level 4-5s :) At this point I have 2 extra seats for when were doing this if anyone else wants to ride along.

P.S. Does anyone have an SWR meter they could bring or should I pick one up from Radio shack?:dunno:

I do not have a meter. If no one responds, you can pay to have it tuned. Your from a large Metro area, you should be able to find a shop or a large truck stop to perform the tune for you.

Thanks for reminding me, I need a spring on my mount!:eek:

Rains stopped for a day here. Loading up the rig today before they start back up :( I am going to fold the rear seats down and line the entire cargo area with a tarp. That should help keep the mud of the carpet from this weekend.

90% loaded up! Good thing to, we are going to get a nasty storm coming in tomorrow that will last till Friday morning.:confused:

I am bringing a couple Tiki Torches for light by my tent. If any of you guys have any, bring them along. We will look like a tribe out there offering sacrifices to the camping Gods!:notworthy

Anyone up to making a circle with our tents and the fire pit in the middle?

:feedback:

90% loaded up! Good thing to, we are going to get a nasty storm coming in tomorrow that will last till Friday morning.:confused:

I am bringing a couple Tiki Torches for light by my tent. If any of you guys have any, bring them along. We will look like a tribe out there offering sacrifices to the camping Gods!:notworthy

Anyone up to making a circle with our tents and the fire pit in the middle?

:feedback:
This sounds good to me, just save me a spot for my tent since I won't get there until Saturday morning.

CB Channel? You guys want to throw out a channel #?

I know the park staff and most of the regulars use channel 5, so we need something other than that #.

If we all know a certain channel #, those who show up and want to join us or let us know they are there, can radio the rest of the group.

Will do Matt!

I need to get a spring mount. The antenna grew since last time ;) I will see if I can bring my SWR meter.

I'm bringing my propane lantern, grill, and 20# tank. Hell, I think i've covered everything on the offroad checklist except a tree saver and a come-a-long. I am also bringing a large quantity of lumber for the bonfire. I don't think anyone will have to buy any for either night. Again, it is all dimensional lumber, great scraps for a bonfire but I wouldn't cook hotdogs or marshmallows over it, some of its plywood.

I won't be leaving STL until Friday around 3:00pm putting me there around 7:00pm. I'll try and leave work early, but I don't know for sure yet.

dkchrist, If would please try and remember your meter. Please and Thank You This cheap setup I got, i'm unsure of its worthiness. I just wired it thru the cig lighter and mag mount antenna in center of the roof. I can hear others great but have yet to get a reply from a Break 1 9 for a radio check.

Can't wait to meet ya'll. Anybody have a cell # in case something happens on my way down.
Mine is three one four two two three six seven four five.

Clock is ticking down, I see a late night in the garage getting prepared! plan on bringing backup toy so worst case will ride it around, but really hope explorer holds together.
Did 1st run last night with new setup, kinda amazing the stuff can just drive over.

This sounds good to me, just save me a spot for my tent since I won't get there until Saturday morning.

hey what time are you planning on being there? Maybe we can meet up on the way down there. I live in Nixa so I could meet you somewhere off of 65 if you want.

Bronco2guy ill take you up on those seats if you really don't mind. Allways wandered what it is like being in a vehicle that can do something beyond 2. Seeing as mine couldn't even do 2 last time, this time may be different depending on how much mud there is.

Officially out:thumbdwn::(:(

Too many broken things, too little monies and Grandchild's Birthday party this weekend. Have fun, and whoever forgets the camera gets banned!!!

Well, ok, not banned, but please take a lot of pictures!!!!

Just keep saying this over and over " It is dry as a bone, it is dry as a bone"

No problem, on more extreme run would be glad to put 2 more in the rear seats.

Something tells me my Rock Sliders are going to need a fresh coat of powder coating after this weekend :)

I get to run with out any sway bars this time out...WOOT!

I need to find a chunk of carpet to lay at my tent door to keep the nasty out, if anybody has an extra strip, I can use it!

I will have an open seat as well.

Update:
Friday High 54- 50% chance of rain! Low 36
Sat- Partly Cloudy High 52 Low 38
Sunday High 61

hey what time are you planning on being there? Maybe we can meet up on the way down there. I live in Nixa so I could meet you somewhere off of 65 if you want.

I don't know what time I am leaving yet. I want to be able to get to smorr and get the tent and everything set up before everyone hits the trails though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update:
Friday High 54- 50% chance of rain! Low 36
Sat- Partly Cloudy High 52 Low 38
Sunday High 61

The rains should be over in the morning. We will be dry for the most part, as long as we stay vertical..lol

But I got my rain gear just in case :D

Back