SMORR October 2009 lets set this up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR October 2009 lets set this up

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
SMORR Haloween weekend 2009

I've heard a few people mention a trip to smorr sometime in october but nothing offical, so lets start talking for real. Looks like they're open the 17th and 18th, and then the 31st and 1st of november. Any one have a preference? Hopefully my brother and I will both be able to make this one. And my parents would also like to come along for this one. Maybe we'll be able to sneak her 3rd gen out from under her watch and find out what a stock 3rd gen will do:D

www.smorr.net

edit: sounds like Halloween weekend has it, so put in for you time off now.

attending: Bronco2guy +possibly friends
T3h H4r3 + 2(possibly)
Techieman33, pwhiteelec05 + our parents
Gmanpaint
dislexiclawyer + brother
Dkchrist+friend in J**p
Benji-Man

maybe attending: 88comingup
Corkey
V8powerbaby
Turdle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm up for a smorr's run any of the dates are good for me as it's only 45 minutes from the house. :D :D

Man I would love to get out there and test out the tires but ill have to be out on this one.

It looks like I will be free both of those weekends. Are we talking about camping on Saturday night and wheeling both days? Or will this just be a 1 day, all day/ night trip?

I'm game, let me check calender and get back with you all, if we go will get there Friday night and camp friday and saturday.

Ok my vote is October 31st weekend, My wife is Off work and I am off that Friday so works great for us!! We will show up Friday before dark and do a little night wheeling Friday if anyone wants to join. Plan is to haul down by Explorer and Bronco2 on gooseneck.

If all works out we should have 4 trucks, My explorer, bronco 2, Cliff's Green explorer and my Brothers ExtCab Ranger.

bringing the entire fleet are ya brad. i'm down for that weekend as long as they don't complain about me taking off another holiday weekend.

Yea, Ive been itching to get back to SMORR , we had an absolute blast the 1st time, Im ready to run some more level 5 trails with the B2, actually Im ready to try all of them :)

This is something I will definitley be attending. regardless if I have the lift and new tires or not. its close to where I live which is a plus and its long enough away so I should be able to do some trail blazing(assuming I get the money together for the mods). Count me in for sure! Can't wait to see some of your rigs!

I think any of those weekends would work. I will watch to find out the outcome I will talk to some friends an maybe I can get them to come.

Oct. 31st works great. Halloween wheeling! Night runs are gonna be a blast! Wont even have to cook, they have a great menu and good prices for B-fast, lunch, & dinner. Mcdognut's is down the street if that is more your taste. $5/night for a tent=cheap weekend! Good thing I didn't pack the camping gear for the winter yet :)

I would go for the weekend however my son will want to get candy and I will be taking him around. Unless I can talk him out of it, and you all just bring him some candy instead :thumbsup: And he can go trick-n-treating around the campsite. He does have some pretty funny jokes.

Chad, I will bring a ton of candy. There will be a lot of kids trick-or-treating, going from rig to rig that day. They have games and are dressing up the place for the annual Halloween run.

Hmm, did you all see the Monster drive by in the Bronco 2 lol, it was crazy he was driving like a MadMan chasing explorers, lol I think this park will be awesome! on this weekend.

I would go for the weekend however my son will want to get candy and I will be taking him around. Unless I can talk him out of it, and you all just bring him some candy instead :thumbsup: And he can go trick-n-treating around the campsite. He does have some pretty funny jokes.

They already have plans for an organized trick or treat, and It sounds like there will be plenty of candy to go around that weekend.

http://smorr.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=2171.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back