• Register Today It's free!

snorkels?

explorerwhite93

Reaction score
City, State
King, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
has anyone put or heard of any snorkels that are made for explorers.? i have searched and found nothing. is there anyway to do a ram air setup to get more cold air instead of hot air from the engine? any info will help thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Das Frem made one. search for his X

hope you don't care i'm posting this Das.

1808snorkel2.jpg

hey thanks for the reply but i cant seem to find anything on him. im located in king nc which is about 5 minutes from winston. just letting ya know. well any kind of help you cpuld give would be appreciated
thanks

i might be making one this summer to exit under the bumper and no premedent. not ready to drill a 3" hole in the finder.

It's weird.... just today I have seen a Ranger on the highway. It had a snorkel but traffic was so bad I didn't have a chance to get a closer look at it. Perhaps it's one of the guys here... or I might try looking for him on Rough Rangers board. It's been done, I know that... someone has also mentioned that you can modify a snorkel for a Toyota 4Runner to fit in the X.... I have not seen anything though..... but would also like to do it to m 94...

check out the ARB website, they sell the SAFARI SNORKEL. I think that is the tip of it on das frem's X

snorlels

man it,s great to see what ive been trying to figure out about making a snorkel,i just put out 3800.00 bucks for a motor and labor,cause i took my ex swimming and it drowned:( .so hey graet looking anf functioning set up. i will be removing some body parts with tdavis (hopefully) and will take some pics and somehow show a way to route things.

DasFrem's is by far the best looking homemade job I've seen.

Mine just comes straight out of the fender.
I don't think I could have done mine the way I did with the stock fenders.
4107slabs_91924.jpg
4107slabs_91923.jpg

Back