So, What's Your Favorite-Latest Mod? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So, What's Your Favorite-Latest Mod?

I meant license plate.but i had to notch that other plate tho

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, I have a 2000 so my plate is on the hatch, not the bumper. But I'll have to move it regardless since the spare tire would cover it up.

nice jd! way to do the full 9 while u had the axle out. i always preach to be thorough while your already doin the labor (i.e. paint the calipers, axle, replace diff cover, etc.) i wonder if my gears would fit into a 2nd gen rear. i have 4.56 in stock carrier for my first gen ford 8.8

nice jd! way to do the full 9 while u had the axle out. i always preach to be thorough while your already doin the labor (i.e. paint the calipers, axle, replace diff cover, etc.) i wonder if my gears would fit into a 2nd gen rear. i have 4.56 in stock carrier for my first gen ford 8.8

O EVERYTHING is new i mean EVERYTHING!!yea they will.i have 4.88 Aussie locked in a stock new open carrier;)love this swap.i don't run that cover though 4.88s wouldn't fit with that cover

speakin of license plates. one easy/free mod i did to my first gen was relocating the license plate. it looks ugly in the center (for those states who have to have a front tag!) and so using the stock bracket i relocated it to the passenger corner of the bumper. it looks custom and has a trick feel. but i didnt have to change a thing and now my bumper is much cleaner looking!

dual battery setup was one of many mods i have done

i know welding isn't a common skill, but i welded up a light rack for mine after i ripped the first one off.. haven't put the new one on yet since i ran out of time, but once laborday rolls around it'll be on
294622_1878584815940_1580860175_31475731_580395_n.jpg

that's what it looked like without the mounts, lights and paint. in all it took me like 2 days

Well, came up with a new to me mod today: Tossed the old lady OUT of HER "X" and back into the 84 BroncoII, since she was complaining about having trouble reaching the pedals. I shoulda thought of THIS particular mod a couple of months ago when we first got the "X". :D (now, if I can come up some way to toss her out of the Ranger... :scratch: )

Well, came up with a new to me mod today: Tossed the old lady OUT of HER "X" and back into the 84 BroncoII, since she was complaining about having trouble reaching the pedals. I shoulda thought of THIS particular mod a couple of months ago when we first got the "X". :D (now, if I can come up some way to toss her out of the Ranger... :scratch: )

lmao....that's why my wife has her own truck.

Paint the rig you want to give her pink lol that will get her out of the ranger:p:

Paint the rig you want to give her pink lol that will get her out of the ranger:p:

The BII is all ready sun bleached red, so that is a good start I figure. 'sides, I haven't told here that I disconnected the power lead for the seats in the "X" so that the seat would stay. :D She is happy tooling around in the BII anyways, so why rock the boat? :salute:

haha yeah thats how i adopted my first gen. i lifted it with the explanation that it would perform better in the snow, which is why we had the truck in the first place! Once i did that my mom said she couldnt easily get in and out of it anymore and said forget it heres your graduation present! and its been downhill since then haha

The BII is all ready sun bleached red, so that is a good start I figure. 'sides, I haven't told here that I disconnected the power lead for the seats in the "X" so that the seat would stay. :D She is happy tooling around in the BII anyways, so why rock the boat? :salute:

true that. i dont blame ya.:thumbsup:

Bringing this thread back to life ;)

My favorite mod is my Atlas II transfer case.

Back