SOHC 4.6L engine swap from Mustang to Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOHC 4.6L engine swap from Mustang to Explorer

Here are the pictures of the right side, I am already set up with photobucket:

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af222/jamesayton/Explorer%20Engine%20Swap/Head%20gasket%20mating%20surface/

What are you wrapping the wires with? I was thinking of getting some kind of fancy looking jacket to wrap around the harness, but all the stuff I saw at Pep boys looked too cheap.

My wife is starting to grow impatient with my project. She is driving my old BMW 3 series which she absolutely hates. The truck went down back in early August. She is now saying she wants to get a minivan (4 year old son & 14 month old daughter). That would mean that there is a chance the Explorer could be my daily driver once this is all done. If that does end up happening, then Magnaflow exhaust here I come! She already threw a fit when she saw that I painted the valve covers silver. I'm out in the garage "goofing off with nonsense painting" when I could be getting this thing back together.

Not sure how things have turned out for you, but I am doing the same thing. My 4.0 blew in my '04, so I decided to put a 4.6 in. Hope you are truckin along. Love to hear how things are going, or have gone!

Back