SOHC w/ rough shifts, surging engine, runs hot | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOHC w/ rough shifts, surging engine, runs hot

cmmb1987

Reaction score
City, State
Marietta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt
alright as of now i have two error codes and im sure i should have plenty more

P1131-Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1

P1151-Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2

my 2000 auto sohc explorer has a nasty 2-3 shift and the temperature gauge was a centimeter from the red line

also when i am coasting at around 2k rpm my engine surges almost like somebody is tapping the brake then tapping the gas

and when im braking the rpm will shoot up 500 rpm for no apparent reason and it usually does it twice b4 im completely stopped

my rpm is normally around 6-700 and its now running at 1100-1200, please help... i think im just going to have to bring it ford again and rack up another big bill

well the transmission will shift differently and the car will idle higher when it is running hot. i would fix the overheating prolblem then go from there.

i would start with the thermostat

hmm well then hopefully it will just be the thermostat... im getting it checked tomorrow and ill let ya know, ne other things yall could come up with?

it ended up being the thermostat and since the engine couldnt handle the over heating the cpu decided to mess with everything else

you were right on man! thanx a ton

Back