• Register Today It's free!

Solid Axle 38's in Magazine!

Mat R

Reaction score
City, State
Woodinville(and all of western)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'85
So I know Rick will especially love this if he hasn't seen it yet...

I was cleaning some of my old truck mags up and sure enough April 1998 Off Road there is a two page article about a 91' explorer with a swapped in Dana 44 that also has a 3" body lift, running 38's. I remembered the magazine, because of the way the front fenders are trimmmed, I'm doing it to my own exp.

Anyway, If anyone would like I can scan it in and send it to Rick. It might make a nice little "I WISH" page...

Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
Me too. Check out my web page.
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you scan a pic and post it here? Or put it on your page? Let me know, I would LOVE to see this explorer. Thanks!

------------------
Happy Trails!
'93 XLT
Many Mod's
To see some pics and to get a full list
of mods I have made to my explorer check out:
http://members.efortress.com/swankmi/

Now how did I miss that one?? Was it a feature article or a Riders Rides type thing?

Anyway, I don't want to post their copyrighted material on my site. But if you sent us a picture...

It was a two page article in an issue that was covering SUVs.. What I'll do when I get a chance, is scan the pictures, and type my own "summarization" of what the artciale says...That should allow us to sidetrack and copyright infringement. The truck is from Indiana...hm.

Mat

Mat, can you post a name to go with that rig?
If not, would the name be Barney by any chance?

------------------
JJW, 92 xlt,4x4

The owners are Mark and Tammy Bontrager, but it does say that they own a 4by shop called Barney's 4x4
Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Hey Mat,

Please e-mail me a picture.

Take care,

As luck would have it, I bought a digital camera today. I'll wait until tomorrow when it's light a take the pictures then...

Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Mat, thanks for the reply. His shop is "THE" place to go for work and info around here. I did not know his beast was ever a feature. If he ever gets time,my gears and locker are still waiting.

------------------
JJW, 92 xlt,4x4

Hey, Mat, if you're not gonna post those pics, could you please e-mail me (ratm128@aol.com) some of them also, I would love to see that. Thanks

JJW, see if you can get him to submit his Explorer to this website as a feature truck!

Thanks,
Rick

I'm going to E-mail them to Rick in about an Hour and a half(5:30 PST) and when they go on is up to him...
Mat

P.S. Why is it that I seem to be seeing so many cool trucks from Indiana lately..?

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Sorry All-
One more day until I get them scanned in.
Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Hey mat,

Here soon, your gonna be wanting to see a picture of my explorer. A friend of mine and I are planning on doing the straight axle swap, very soon. But instead of buying the conversion kit, were gonna leaf the front. Now all I need is to find a front end that will actully work and then go from there. What it all comes down to is some serious planning.

Take care,

Oknut

Rick, I will try to get with him before this weekend. If it's ok with him I'll take my digital and get some pics and stats. Then I could e-mail you the pics. What size do you prefer? My camera only goes to 1152x864. Are there any particuar shots you want to see?

Mat R, I am new to 4 wheeling and the area I live in is a couple of hours away from Silver Lake(sand), Attica aka badlands(everything),southwest Michigan(trails)and all the black mud a guy could stand. Thats why I can't seem to make up my mind on which I want to build my explorer for. I will stick with the duff 2.5 and muds, but am thinking about the duff radius arms. I applied at a local 4x club last week and got some slack about my "to pretty to scratch exploder" Someday I will get it figured and finished.

Rick, that brings to mind that I am helping a friend with his part in the midwest zuki melt(100 to 200 vehicles) to be held at Attica in july. In return he offered to be a trial guide down there for a group of explorers in the future. When that time comes I will try to get early word out,like Moab I'm sure he'll want a small group.

------------------
JJW, 92 xlt,4x4

JJW, send me the Hi-Res pictures and I'll size them myself for the site.

Get a few good overall shots and as much detail as you can of his solid axle, steering, radius arms, etc. Also get anything else that looks trick.

Rick, I talked to Mark this morning and he said I could click away at both his 91's. I think they are both solids. He has a lot of rigs including a stadium racer. I will not get the pics till next week because he is selling his pigs the next 5-6 days.(lots of them)and will be very busy. Sorry for posting it here, but I didn't know where to post this info.

------------------
JJW, 92 xlt,4x4

[This message has been edited by JJW (edited 04-11-2000).]

Mat,

Have you gotten the pictures scanned yet ?

If you do please send me some over e-mail.

Take care,

I'm waiting for a friend of mine to scan them. He has forgotten two days in a row, so my hope is that if I bug him enough tomorrow he will remember to do it. I'll E-mail them to you also Oknut.
Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back