Someone she'd some light on my PO1100 code and engine stumble! PLEASE!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Someone she'd some light on my PO1100 code and engine stumble! PLEASE!!!

So I've been fighting with throwing codes and lack of performance the past couple weeks in the truck. I'm getting annoyed....OK that's a lie, I'm past annoyed. Haha
I've reflashed the ecu, swapped in new Bosh o2 sensors and I'm still throwing a PO1100 code. I have gotten all the other codes under control but drivability is becoming an issue now. I'm able to drive it fine if I don't bring it up into the 6,000rpm range, but where's the fun in that? If I bring it up to 6,200rpm during a hard run it stutters BAD between shifts and when power comes back it's only about half what it should be for my truck.

I've got a dyno appointment for Aug 10th so unfortunately I won't be able to get any track time until after then. I have Sunday/Monday off of work and that's his first available Monday slot.

My question is...do any of you built up SOHC guys think it's possible that I'm really out flowing the capabilities of my MAF and that's what causing my stumble? I know that's what the code is pointing to but my tuner doesn't think I should be anywhere near the limits of my factory MAF yet. He had me do some data logging to try and diagnose my issue some so I checked my bank 1 and bank 2 short term fuel trim to look into my O2 issue, which was showing intermittent slow response on bank 2. I changed the O2 out and that code is gone along with the DPFE code. I also logged my MAF counts but I'm not sure how to decipher what my readings were yet. (Tonights project) Pete (Performance dyno) said I should be between 130 and 170 which I am at idle so I know the MAF is functioning as it should at idle at least. When I bring the RPM's up on average I'm seeing MAF#'s of 875+or- with a couple peaks at 920 if I get into the 6,000rpm range. Does this mean anything to any of the guru's on here?

Some useful info on my set up.
2wd, 97 explorer sport with a 5 speed swap, 4cyl ranger gear set inside and M5ODR1 withe 3.73 posi rear, 275/60r15 Nitto NT555R drag radials. 2000 engine, 24lb injectors, cold air intake, ported factory throttle body, minor intake port matching, dual 2 1/2" exhaust to a magnaflow stainless muffler with a 3" turndown in front of the rear tires. Cat's deleted and rear o2's disabled along with EGR tuned out of the equation. Tuned by Pete @ Performance dyno in Loudon NH (one of the best ford tuners out there) with an SCT Xcal 4. I know he could figure out my issue but I'd rather work on performance once I'm on the dyno rather than figuring out electronics glitches. Thanks in advance for any help.

Back