Reaction score
City, State
terre haute,in.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer 4wd
hi to all,
i need stero help.i have 2 sony amps. xm-754hx and xm-404eqx
the 404 is 4 channel. the other is 4/3/2 channel.i have a 94 X
i have installed fusion componets in frt doors,i have a set of infinitys in rear,these are 6 1/2 rounds.i have a new myx sub for rear.do i run both amps or what.any brains out there?i could really use someones help.i will run all new speaker wireing. i also have a sony cd/ hu.iwas going to install amp/amps under rear seat.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i would run the 4 channel amp to your door speakers then use the other amp in stereo mode and bridge your sub, so yes you should run both amps. Seems like the best way to go about doing it.

thanks for the help. is there a better place to mount them? they are to big to hide behind a pannel.the 4 channel has a built in eq.

i dont have room to mount both amps under back seat.which amp should i use 4 channel or 4-3-2 channel i am thinking the 4/3/2 specs say 1 channel = 75watts
1 channel=175 watts 1 channel =250

if you have four speakers then use 4 channels.. one to each speakers.. if you have 2 then use 2... just use number of channel that equals to how many speakers u have.. otherwise u have more than 4, u might need another amp.. for any1, correct me if i m wrong.. good luck

Back