spark plug wires

swak6287

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockwall tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I am changing my 99 plugs with bosch platinum.. regular plugs only. also, i want to use silicon wires. are all silicon wires the same? autozone sells bosch silicon for 45 bucks. way cheaper then other brand. what is your imput on the wires? also, suggestions or comments on removing plugs. i had heard horror stories.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know the answer to your question but you might call Jacobs electronics who kind of specialize in the Ford 4X4 area. They will try to sell you their plug wires which run about $60 if I remember correctly.

If your engine is stock for the most part, I would advise against Bosch plugs and wires. I have seen alot of negative feedback from people who switched to these plugs (keep in mind I used to sell parts at an authorized Bosch dealer).

Your best bet is to stick with standard Autolite or Motocraft plugs. The work quite well.

As for wires, I would avoid Bosch wires also. The reason they are cheaper is because they are crap. The only cars I have found that they work well on are German and Britirh cars. Those wires seem to be prone to heat damage and turning brittle. Go with Original Ford wires or Jacobs wires.

just had to throw this in here, been running BOSCH PLAT +4s and BOSCH PREMIUM WIRES for a year now, still sparking like crazy, no excessive wear etc

Autozone

I wouldnt put the bosch wireset on, if you are gonna spend the money on a good wireset order a set of ACCEL or MSD wires. They are a little bit more but they are SO much better. As far as plugs go, I would also recommend going with the ford plug, they are more expensive in some cases as the bosch regular plat. plug. But that is just personal opinion.
Autozone has a catalog you can order ACCEL wires and such on a counter, you can look it up in there.

U kuje the +4 plugs.

As for wires, take a look at the Magnacore HP wires.

Good luck....

Originally posted by aldive
U kuje the +4 plugs.

As for wires, take a look at the Magnacore HP wires.

Good luck....

Where can I get these wires?

The Bosch plugs are great and the bosch wires work well also.

Get the bosch

Get the bosch at autozone and at 30K when you are sopused to change them use the lifetime warrenty and get a new set for free. I am going to put the bosch wires on mine as I have had them and new motocraft plugs for 2 weeks but have not changed them yet. I asked when I bought them if I could return them in 30K for a new set and they said yes as long as they are not burned in half like if they touched a header.

Back