• Register Today It's free!

Spark Plugs

94eddieB

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eddie bauer
so im swapping my plugs, theyve been in there for a while. I swapped my drivers side bank, not huge problems. I decide to crank my motor over to see if there are any problems. To my (not so ) surprise, there are. It idles harder than it usually does, and i get a CEL. I got the right boots going to the right plugs, i dont know what it could be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds dumb, but check and make sure all the boots are pushed on fully. I did mine one time and didnt get it to click on, truck ran like crap till I got it right.

ok, ill double check em real quick. thanks.

ok, they were all on good. I took the front plug out and tried to see if it sparked when i cranked the motor and i didnt see anything (i only cranked it a couple times) i also put the old plug in the #6 (i think, the front driver side plug) and its still doing the same thing.

i cant believe something so basic is kickin my butt like this.

they are champion plugs btw, could it be the plugs? they were like 1.xx each. i tried to get OE plugs, but they were out of stock.

Perhaps......when you pulled the wire/boots off of the plugs.......the wire got damaged??

Aloha, Mark

ma96782 said:
Perhaps......when you pulled the wire/boots off of the plugs.......the wire got damaged??

Aloha, Mark

i though about that too and the wires look ok, but the boots are cracked, but they were cracked before too.

i fixed it, i unplugged the MAF sensor to put the air filter in and forgot to plug it in :(

Yeah, that would do it. At least nothings wrong!

94eddieB said:
they are champion plugs btw, could it be the plugs? they were like 1.xx each. i tried to get OE plugs, but they were out of stock.

Get some new plugs thouse suck A$$...

Back