Speaker advice needed

'96explorereddiebauer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Clemmons, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Honda Accord EX-L
Alrighty, I'm thinking of getting some new speakers for my rig. The truck comes with the factory JBL system and since it has a crossover, there aren't any bass delivered to the speakers, only to the factory sub. So I need a speaker that delivers very clean and beautiful highs. Any suggestions??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you aren't going to drive them with an aftermarket amp, then Pioneer 6X8s would be an ideal choice. they are very "bright" sounding speakers. they dont produce bass very well, but like you said you dont need speakers good for midbass. i currently have pioneers in my doors, and they do a great job with the midrange and highs. i have four 15" subs for the deep bass, and a component set for midbass and extra highs.

i never heard those. but the description sounds great for your application. and for $50/pair, it sounds like a good deal.

Thanks! I thought JBL's are a great deal too. But I got bored and got on ebay and found some nice Infinity Reference and Polk speakers for pretty cheap. Do you think they're good for my factory setup?

yeah they're both good. probably better than the JBL speakers.

focal man there the best in my opinion i got a 165v3 up front and its hella awesome and its only running of my alpinbe deck right now. or mb quart are good to all my friends got mb quart the 8" old speakers hit extremely hard and sound really good too.

Go with the Infinity's or get some MB quarts. I have 2 12" subs and I can hear my highs over all of my bass, they are awesome. Infinities have sweet highs but don't reproduce bass very well.

I just got the infinity kappa components up front. they sound amazin. much better than my pioneer 6x8s.

Originally posted by sideswipe
I just got the infinity kappa components up front. they sound amazin. much better than my pioneer 6x8s.

How did you mount them? Have any pics?

Thanks....

I had custom plate made for the door component and crossover, and the tweets are surface mounted. I'll snap a few pics this weekend if you like.

Originally posted by sideswipe
I had custom plate made for the door component and crossover, and the tweets are surface mounted. I'll snap a few pics this weekend if you like.

I would love to see it, thanks.

If you have Focals running off you Deck you NUTZ. You have amazing speaker and a dirty power source. Focals need clean power for them to do there job. If you use them with out an amp you might blow them from under powering them. Just letting you know....

Back