• Register Today It's free!

Speedo Problems

Nightcop

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 LT
My speedometer in my 91 4x4 LT is calibrated correctly at lower speeds, up to about 62/63mph. After that, it gets progressively worse,,at approx 70mph my needle is reading close to 75mph. At 75 it's reading 85. Any suggestions?

This will not be an easy problem to diagnose. But I do have a few questions. How are you testing the accuracy of your speedo? How do you know the speedo is inaccurate at high speeds? What size tires do you have? Speedometers are normaly more accurate at low speeds. There are two main components, the speedo and the speed sensor. It is more likely to be the speedo itself. I have seen a bad speedo unit as in inop, but not inaccurate at high speeds only.

I need some feedback.

I can see this section turning into an "ask Dr. Phil" section quickly....

So John... I was having some problems w/ my gf... lately she has wanted to bring other women into the relationship... do you think that this would be a healthy thing for us? :p :p :p :chug: :chug: :thumbsup:

One can dream, can't he?

anyways, glad to see you got your own section here... maybe this will encourage even more group buys =)

Hydroxy

How does this make you feel? I think it would be healthy for your relationship to let her statisfy her inner feelings by bringing home this other women......dream on.

Seriously, thanks for looking out for me. I do not really have time to answer all the questions people will have. Most answers are already on the web site if you care to look. The intention was to answer performance questions and questions related to our products. This I don't mind.

Back