• Register Today It's free!

Sport swaybars

zombiekiller

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Hey everyone. new to the forum. I just traded in my ecoboost f-150 on an explorer sport. I've ordered some of the performance parts to kick it in the pants a little bit already.

I'd like to also improve on the body roll that i'm experiencing, without lowering it or changing out the springs.

Does anyone know of aftermarket sway bars? bushings? links?

I've searched around a bit and have come up with zero.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone. new to the forum. I just traded in my ecoboost f-150 on an explorer sport. I've ordered some of the performance parts to kick it in the pants a little bit already.

I'd like to also improve on the body roll that i'm experiencing, without lowering it or changing out the springs.

Does anyone know of aftermarket sway bars? bushings? links?

I've searched around a bit and have come up with zero.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum zombiekiller.:wavey:
I don't recall seeing any posts on replacing sway bars. I'm sure that someone will reply to you about it.

Peter

I don't think 4 wheel independent suspension with AWD has swaybars...does it?

The Explorers have a brace between the strut towers with the Sport one 37% stiffer.

The Sport & Interceptor also have the rear X brace that the other models don't.

029a6f65-283d-4683-abb7-6ff804864aa6.jpg

I don't think 4 wheel independent suspension with AWD has swaybars...does it?

The Explorers have a brace between the strut towers with the Sport one 37% stiffer.

The Sport & Interceptor also have the rear X brace that the other models don't.

I have not, in all reality, put the truck up on my lift to look.

the taurus shares the same suspension correct? If so, it has front and rear " stabilizer bars" .

Ford's parts diagrams for the EX sport do show stabilizer bars.

I took the truck out onto the autocross pad at the track where i have a garage and the ex was pretty sloppy. I'm looking to tighten it up without lowering it too much. I like the spring rate as is, but the body roll sucks.

I'm wondering if the interceptor sway bars are stiffer, as I find it hard to believe that they would not need them when fully kitted out.

Front/Rear Swaybars and end links

Has there been any talk out there among vendors on getting us better f/r sway bars and end links for the 2011-2015 Explorer Sports? Also adjustable rear camber arms.

Ya I was kinda wondering why with all the Sport driving dynamic improvements that they kept the rubber bushings as opposed to a high performance silicone or polyurathane

I contacted Addco in June and asked if they planned to offer sway bars for the gen5 and they said "maybe next year."

Sport Sway Bars

Does anyone know if a vendor has made swaybars for the front and rear for the EX Sports as of yet?

I have been looking and have not found any.

(Fabrication based on Korea models)
Korean based company with no North American distribution and no listed prices....
Who wants to be the guinea pig?

Both of these places is the same company. That typically is not a sign of a reputable internet parts vendor.
I would love to find someone who would do a group buy on this, as it is not a part that would ever be stocked by anyone.
There are probably 10 Explorer drivers in North America who are interested in replacing their sway bars. Sadly....

Would anyone be interested in joining a possible group buy?

I'm on my S5 and didn't see the swaybars. When I get home I will get on laptop.

I've used a complete set of their product in my other vehicle. Been using it for 7 years now. Maybe next month i'll be purchasing the complete set with my Explorer. And their product really works. The good thing with their product is that the bars are specifically designed for a specific vehicle and not a generic (adjustable) one like other suppliers/vendors offer.

I'm not selling or trying to sell their product. Just sharing my experience with their product.

How did you purchase? Did they ship direct from Korea?
Do you want to spearhead a group buy? I am in for a sway bar if the price is "reasonable".

I would personally like to get a 3 way adjustable front and rear sway bars and end links.
To be able to set the EX up for the track.

I would personally like to get a 3 way adjustable front and rear sway bars and end links.
To be able to set the EX up for the track.

Ha ha. Yeah right. You got the wrong vehicle, man. There is no aftermarket support for this thing. I'll take whatever I can get.

Ha ha. Yeah right. You got the wrong vehicle, man. There is no aftermarket support for this thing. I'll take whatever I can get.

Nah, right vehicle. Will have to modify suspension to work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you purchase? Did they ship direct from Korea?
Do you want to spearhead a group buy? I am in for a sway bar if the price is "reasonable".

Got local distributor in my country. Based on today's exchange rate (USD) below are the prices here: so you guys would have an idea for the pricing

Ford Explorer U502 (2011- 2016)
Front Upper 2pts: $100
Front Lower 2pts: $100
Front Mid Lower 4pts: $125
Rear Lower 2pts: $100
Rear Mid Lower 4pts: $125
Rear Anti-Roll Bar 25mm: $250

Don't know if the price is "reasonable".

The distributor informed me that the latest 2016 Explorer has the same chassy as the 2011-2015 Explorer.

And I don't think Ford will make different chassy for the Explorer for different country/continent. But I could be wrong :)

Back