Sport Trac - vehicle options and package help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac - vehicle options and package help

sporttrachelp

Reaction score
City, State
illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford sport trac
I'd like to start by thanking in advance for any help I may receive and to apologize up front if I seem to appear as a idiot to this forum. I really have not been on these sites before, so im not fully understanding the workings or site etiquette, so please bear with me.

I will try and keep this short but specific so I may avoid hours of questions and unnecessary input and information by myself and others that may think I have little to no understanding of much at this time.

Here are my needs or dilemma(s)

i'm trying to compare several 2002 models of sport tracs. for valuation purposes, as I totaled the truck I just recently bought for my 18year old son. from my research so far I am absolutely for certain the insurance company has absolutely attempted to railroad me to this point.(whether intentional or unintentionally at this point is irrelevant), and I am not here to bash the company. I am aware that the early models of the sport tracs consisted of a value(base), a choice model, and a premium model. I understand from my research these sub models were revamped or at least renamed mid 2002 into the xls, xlt, and the adrenaline models. I have a production date of Nov 29th 2001 and the Vin is 1fmzu67e52ub76095 built in Louisville, KY. It is a 2002 model and was origionally sold dec 14th 2001.

For comparison matters involving other 2002 sport tracs recently sold or listed for sale to be used as comps, my vehicle lists as a premium model according to the original build sheet and the info gathered on each models attributes, however to try and get a fair or as close to a reasonable fair value and get as close to the same vehicle with the same features I am having trouble getting information that clearly states what some of the equipment package(s) include.

I have found some extensive info through www.cars.com website, that list 4 value models, 2 choice, and 2 premium models along with the standard and optional package and equipment options available for each sub model.

I currently possess several vin specific build sheets on several models which my local ford dealer pulled up from the hvbom database.

I would like to know if there is a place I can go to in order to look up what these options include inside the packages, or what are the differences between some of the options. here is a short list of examples as to what I am meaning to find out.

emission requirements (California requirements VS 49 state requirements) which came standard and was there a cost difference.

what is the feature content group (how many groups of these were there ) mine had content group 2 and what did the groups contain?

Fleet related items (what were these) some have them and some say" less fleet related items" (which means they were either left off the build or replaced with other options)

interior cab trim packs (obviously a few different levels of this package)
1, there is a cab trim pack, 2 comfort cab trim pack, 3 some with no cab trim pack

military requirements package some have some don't.

payload upgrade package

day/night inside mirror vs electrochromic inside mirror (assuming this is the rear view mirror attached to the windshield) which is standard and cost of difference and what is difference?

second unit body covers

speed control

special equipment package

exterior appearance package

side auxiliary step

and there is something called S1-B-C-TWILL on one vehicle and one that lists S1-H-C-TWILL what the hell is this and whats the difference,

front seat type??? individual H/B Drv/pass or individual L/B drv/pass

and B&A control codes.

Everything else is pretty explanatory. so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, 3 different ford dealerships had no clue and they also had no idea there were different submodels prior to the renaming to the xlt/xls/ and adrenaline. I did see info pertaining to a limited model but that appears to be later on like post 2005 or so.

Thank you all so much and if I can assist feel free to contact me thanks T.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I moved your thread into our 2001 - 2005 Sport Trac subforum where the right folks should see it.

swshawaii's info is the most complete you'll get, particularly the etis link.
Thanks Steve!

Thank you for thanking me ncranchero. ;)

BTW, the FordEtis lead came from YOU. :thumbsup:

As for the front seats, H/B = high back, L/B = low back.

I have the 2002 SUV Source Book, which was a tool for the Ford salesmen and covers Explorers, Escapes, Sport Tracs, Expeditions, and Excursions. According to it,

Convenience Group included
Autolock/relock (auto trans only)
Remote keyless entry
Speed control
Tilt steering column
Leather wrapped steering wheel

Comfort Group
Cloth front bucket seats with adjustable headrests
Electrochromatic rearview mirror with Autolamp
6-way power driver's seat
High Series floor console with rear fan and audio controls
Overhead console with outside temperature and compass display

Leather Group
Leather trimmed front bucket seats with adjustable head restraints
Driver/passenger manual lumbar adjust

Premium Sport Group
Fog lamps
16" bright cast aluminum wheels
P255/70R16 OWL all-terrain tires
Front tow hooks
Side step bars

Options
Pioneer Sound System w/ 6 disc in-dash cd player and subwoofer
Cargo cage
4.10 rear axle (available with Premium Sport Group only)
Limited slip rear axle
Power moonroof
Hard tonneau cover
Engine block heater

Elsewhere in the Source Book, it says there are about 112 possible combinations versus about 400 for 2001 before the above option groups. My '02 has none of the above. My '01 has, or had, about everything except leather, rear fan and audio controls, and the Pioneer Sound system.

Hard to figure, but the standard seats were high backs, while the power seats and leather seats were low backs.

The change from Value, Choice, and Premium to XLS, XLT, etc, didn't occur right away for the 2002 model year, and wasn't mentioned in the Source Book like a lot of other anticipated mid-year changes were. It only mentions Value, Choice, and Premium trim levels. My '02 has no badges, etc, but with no options, it's obviously a Value.

Good info!

My '01 Job1 has all of that except limited slip, tonneau and block heater. Leather instead of cloth. And it was one of the very first off the line. Interesting.

I looked at my build sheet..wondering what this option is..
  • With Payload Upgrade Package..2005 sport trac

My '02 came with virtually no options, but that Payload Upgrade Package is listed on its build sheet. No idea what it is or means.

My '02 came with virtually no options, but that Payload Upgrade Package is listed on its build sheet. No idea what it is or means.
Me either..mine came with hard cover...but not when i bought it..its pretty much a plain jane but does come with a rattle at start up...

Mine build sheet says that too. Maybe it's tie-downs in the bed or heavy duty rear springs? though my also lists the towing pkg.

Back