Sport Trac's with Soft Toppers and Roof top tents. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac's with Soft Toppers and Roof top tents.

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Some of you asked to see pictures of a ST with the Soft Topper on it. Here's some of the pictures that I've saved over the years from the internet...

0110suv_sport10_zoom.jpg

Ok so here's one, hopefully it uploaded, my computer is about two seconds away from being taken outside and getting ran over by my truck. I'll upload more later, I need to walk away from this p.o.s..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice, I like the look... I may have to look into one of these.

Considered converting that wrong topper I had to half hardshell, half softshell using marine vinyl and some snaps - but threw that redneck idea out the window lol... Figured there'd be no way for me to make it look good with a homemade hackjob

I have a lot more pictures but my desktop isn't working right now so I'm on my phone. I'll try to post the rest later.

I seriously considered splitting an aluminum topper my dad had and putting it back together to fit my trailer. That could have worked, but my brother scrapped it before I had a chance. Yeah, there's no way to cut and splice a fiberglass topper and have it look even redneck good.

"Ok so here's one, hopefully it uploaded, my computer is about two seconds away from being taken outside and getting ran over by my truck. I'll upload more later, I need to walk away from this p.o.s.."

Been there many times!

Ok, let's see if my computer wants to work and post these pictures...

0110suv_sport05_zoom.jpg

p0001935.jpg

0110suv_sport13_zoom.jpg

0110suv_sport02_zoom.jpg

00S0S_eGtZ9qEBycD_600x450.jpg

gfmmNg2EKGrHqMOKm4E6t92wdMBMkjIBLBMQ_4.jpg

oru_exp6.jpg

oru_exp7.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

0403_ofrp_z2001_ford_explorer_sport_tracright_view.jpg

MrRugbysTrac.jpg

Love the color of the brown (burnt orange?) ST. That's close to the color of my Ranchero.

The frame on the black truck looks interesting.

I don't remember the members name but he was or might still be on mysporttrac.com. That picture was from one of their annual Sport Trac meets at Louisville, Kentucky's ST plant.

Still no luck on finding info on that pop-up. Anyone else?

No, sorry. The guys over on mysporttrac.com would know since it was a member on there and the picture was taken from a annual Sport Trac meet at the Sport Trac plant.

I'll keep looking for info on it and post if I find anything. Ok, so the problem is that not many companies made stuff for the ST and the ones that did/ do didn't make them for long. Here's a couple links to help you with other similar pop up bed tents.

http://www.truckcandy.com/TC/Quicksilver/QuicksilverPopupTent.htm

http://www.tentsontrucks.com/

http://www.napieroutdoors.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=60

http://www.tent-trailer.com/

When I saved the picture along time ago it saved as MrRugbysTrac so that's about all I have to go by. I posted over on myst to see if any of the other members remember it.

tent on the back of the ST.

great idea, need something solid under me or can't walk in the morning. no ground camping for me

will have to get the Mrs to do some research on this one........... take the kids 4wheeling.....leave them at GM and GPs and find a nice quiet camping spot for us:thumbsup:

thanks for starting this thread

Thanks, all!

That gives me some ideas.

Now to decide whether it will be easier to wait until one 'pops up' on the used market, or build one @ home.

Thanks for the help finding the info guys. I've been really busy lately with physical therapy and other stuff going on to find it. I knew it was out there.

They sale pop ups and bed tents really similar to that on the links that I posted. Check them out.

I seriously considered buying one a couple years ago but I decided it was more convenient to stake my tent to the ground and keep the truck readily available for use. Running to town for supplies or going on a trail ride only to return to camp later requires tearing down a tent that you would otherwise have left standing.

Back