Spring 2015 GWNF Run

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
I guess it is about time to start planning a Spring GWNF camp and run. I have talked to Fishfood (Spike). He is up for an adventure.

Our Fall run flopped, so hopefully this one will be successful.

I have no expectations, dates or destinations planned. I am thinking the middle to late April. Of course camping and wheeling at Fishfood's (break what you brung). Then a run into the forest.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sooooo in on this one. I bumped last year's thread this morning and I see my wishes are granted. I'm down for last weekend in April or the 2nd 3rd or 4th weekend in May

We have the river trails at Fishfoods. During the last run in July the trails were all flooded. Depending on the weather conditions, they can be big muddy fun.

Watching. ..;-)

The later the better for me. Finishing up school the first week of June. However someone else (Boomin) bought my explorer a few years ago...

I'm down for whenever. Later gives me time to hopefully get my gears and locker in.

Camp fishfood

I've seen some dates thrown around, and I can have the camp available for any (For now) of the suggested times except May 8, 9 (second weekend in May) because I have a caving outing that I might want to attend that weekend.....

So go ahead and firm up some dates and we will make this happen this time! if you guys want to push it into June, I can make that happen as well.... (sounds like a couple of you do) If you guys do that then uncle and I may do day trip sooner as well. I think we are both itchin to get out.

Yea id say later but still being spring

And also as long as im the produce manager and asst produce manager at the same time with no real help until they hire someone, no way i can get out of work for more than a day. Im sure we'll have someone by april, but damn im pooped.

If nothing else, I am going to try to go up to Fishfoods and wheel for the day at his place. If I do that, then the weekend will be weather dependent. So I would not make a decision until a few days in advance.

Otherwise, I am going to toss out the last weekend in April.

Not sure the status of this run, but I'm going to bow out. This semester in school is going to be a tough one. Done June 4th. I'm game after that...for the next one.

later dates for spring run

Ok guys , I assume based on response that later would work better...That may work out better anyway and that maybe we will be lucky enough to hit the laurel blooming again, and should be warm enough for swimming canoeing etc. Why don't we try for June 5, 6, 7 since that will get out of Mikes conflict as well, Or I am still good with May, 29, 30,31 as Zeek Suggested.. go ahead and pick something, and we can make it and the camp happen on this end.

uncle meat and I will probably still do something later this month as originally suggested.

I'm down for June, the explorer is for sale at the moment(man I've been loving that escape!) but my trusty diesel will surely tow my ranger up there... It's mid way through a 5.0/NP435/NP205 swap... Should be about the time I'm ready to go break something lmao
That said I'd fully intend on towing my ranger up there..
I'd be up for a day trip this month but next weekend I'll be on a cruise and the week after is wheeling for hope...

I'm down for 1st weekend in June also. I'll probably drive my ranger instead of towing it.

Looks Like June It is

looks like weekend of June 5-7 is a winner! it is on the calendar. I will cook up some pulled pork BBQ, and you know my wife will go all out on the munchies, veggies, beer etc.

Will, great to here from you. I crane my neck each time I drive by hoping to catch you in the yard.

I don't know if I told you or not but I sold my explorer last year so all my wheeling is done with the Blue Bubba truck. Sounds like this will be a "Ranger" Run! I probably should update my avatar and use one with the bubba truck... sounds like you should too. Anyway good to hear from you.

I suspect that John (uncle meat)and I will still do some sort of day trip/overnighter up at the cabin on the 25th of this month....if any one wants to join in just buzz one of us for the details

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is what Ive been looking for, so I joined the forum today.
May I ask:
1) where this run would be taking place?

2) what kind of trail rating , if any? I have 4wd Ranger, and while I am getting a torsen with/locker option installed this weekend, its still just a Stock Ranger. No amphibious assaults or Mud pit excavating for me!

3) What sort of camping will it be? Tents? Cabins?

4) what and where I can donate?

Looking forward to getting outside, down and dirty.
Thanks

Back