GWNF Spring Run (2014) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Spring Run (2014)

My ranger is street legal, just did a ton of work on it and with 35s and a v8 who knows what I'll break. I could meet up at camp spike that morning, park my tow rig and drive the ranger anywhere from there. I would love to come for the weekend but having 2 young kids makes free time hard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My ranger is street legal, just did a ton of work on it and with 35s and a v8 who knows what I'll break. I could meet up at camp spike that morning, park my tow rig and drive the ranger anywhere from there. I would love to come for the weekend but having 2 young kids makes free time hard.

I just remembered there is NOOOO way I can ride my bike out there on trails..not with my back the way it is.ive got a ruptured disc l5 and a herniated disc S1..probably wont feel good to even ride in a truck.I start my epidural steroid injections soon so hopefully they will help..

But long story short..who is going up with you chris? If noone then I may just ride with you for a day trip.help you find it easier and ill make the ride up more fun.lol

I'm proposing the weekend of September 20th. Of course I would only do that Saturday if y'all decide on a fishfood run. Or we can all just do a stony run or peters mill day trip. Thoughts?

I'm proposing the weekend of September 20th. Of course I would only do that Saturday if y'all decide on a fishfood run. Or we can all just do a stony run or peters mill day trip. Thoughts?

Sounds like most everybody is only interested in the GWNF day trip portion. if that's the case then meeting at camp fishfood is really out of the way for most people. Can you do me a favor and just set up the day trip and the meeting place etc. and I will join you guys on whatever ride you pick. From what I remember I guess you can park trailer at either the top or bottom of stony run, and possibly at the top of shoe and peavine. I don't know peters mill since I haven't been there for years.

I will still be coming from camp fishfood since that is where I live, and those of you still wanting to use it as a base camp are still welcome to do so, just let me know.

I just remembered there is NOOOO way I can ride my bike out there on trails..not with my back the way it is.ive got a ruptured disc l5 and a herniated disc S1..probably wont feel good to even ride in a truck.I start my epidural steroid injections soon so hopefully they will help..

But long story short..who is going up with you chris? If noone then I may just ride with you for a day trip.help you find it easier and ill make the ride up more fun.lol

sorry to hear about your back..... for future reference remember that I have a big dual sport up there and there are a lot of scenic type roads up here to go riding on that don't involve rough trails. keep that in mind and we will plan on doing some bike rides.... my bike is too big for the camp spike trails.

I was just asking the question because I didn't want you to get up there with an un-licensed rig and be disappointed as I lock the gates and we drive off to do the national forest trails...

As of right now It looks like I will be riding solo, with 1 more truck following. Your welcome to join and throw your bike in the back if you decide to.

Ill be going up on Friday. Who else will be there Friday? It does sound like most of you are coming Saturday.

I gotta make a 200mile road trip all by my lonesome. :(

Depending on what time you go Friday I may ride up with you.also depending on home many people are staying in the house.I just cant be going up and setting up my hotel and doing all that activity with my back bad.im sure WILL will be coming up and staying all weekend also.

sorry to hear about your back..... for future reference remember that I have a big dual sport up there and there are a lot of scenic type roads up here to go riding on that don't involve rough trails. keep that in mind and we will plan on doing some bike rides.... my bike is too big for the camp spike trails.

Yea I do need to get up there and do some riding. My bike is like your, its like riding a bicycle seat and gets very uncomfortable. I tried to even sit on my bike the other day just to knock the dust of and run it for awile and almost instantly my back started hurting.this getting old and not taking care of my body is starting to take its toll!!:(

I understand why alot of the people dont wanna camp or make it just a day trip but honestly your place is 75% of the fun!! Thats the main reason I make the trip.im telling you one of these days im gonna move up there and be your neighbor! ! Haha I luv it up there:D(your have to get ride of that damn yetti first tho!!) Hahahaha

jd,

the yeti isn't going anywhere. I pay that yeti good bucks to stay around just to mess with you.

if you and xeek come up on Friday you guys can travel light and just plan on claiming dibs on the two Futons in the basement.... just bring a light bag/ your binky and your favorite stuffed animal. The basement is a lot different then you remember... walls & ceilings are painted, floors are tiled, basement bath has shower now, tools are all gone and there is a big screen tv in the room with the futons. you guys can travel light and I can throw together enough dogs burgers and munchies to keep you from starving to death for the day or so that you are here. If my wife shows up you know she will go all crazy and do all that healthy food stuff and bring enough to feed a couple dozen or more...but I don't know if she will come or not. if we are baching it then you will have to live on oatmeal, coffee burgers and dogs, beer and whatever munchies are in the cabinets

I am assuming that john and Sheila have dibbs on the guest bedroom.

I am going to let you guys sort out what day trip you want to do.....just let me know when and where to meet.

crunching of the explorers

As of right now It looks like I will be riding solo, with 1 more truck following. Your welcome to join and throw your bike in the back if you decide to.

if you still want to park at camp spike that will be fine too.... that way you can partake in the annual "crunching of the explorers" on the camp spike trails when you get off the national forest stuff.... Traditionally the body damage has happened at camp spike..... usually its just me but I think just about everyone has found a dent or two down there at one time or another.

if you still want to park at camp spike that will be fine too.... that way you can partake in the annual "crunching of the explorers" on the camp spike trails when you get off the national forest stuff.... Traditionally the body damage has happened at camp spike..... usually its just me but I think just about everyone has found a dent or two down there at one time or another.

I plan on coming early Sat morning to camp spike and leaving out from there. That is unless I can can work out better baby sitter arangements, then I'll come Fri night. I am bringing my truck on the trailer just so I don't have to worry about any carnage.

With three people bringing trailers I MIGHT drive my explorer up.lol

Guess ill call a futon or least a spot inside.you know how I roll so ill have plenty of food, beer , munchies and more munchies! !!;)

I'm gonna camp outside this time. I'm gonna use this new tent damn it haha.

I guess ill have to take the super duty if jd wants to ride. If not ill have to decide on super duty or ranger. Cause I kinda wanna pull my m101.
Don't let me decide for you jd, if you want to ride its fine.

I'm still 2wd so I know camp spike is gonna suck for me. Unless its somehow sticky magic dirt haha

Ditto on Stony Run for Saturday September 20th... Thoughts?

Magic dirt

don't worry xeek, I will import some of that good ole magic dirt from the flood plain.... you know like the good ole black silty stuff that I lost it in a year or so back ... "Don't worry you'll be fine in 2wd"..."you can trust me" He He He!

wow I don't believe someone else is actually tent camping... I have taken the tractor and groomed a couple nice spots across the drive and there is also the riverside camping ,if you want to get far away from the house. Or there is always buttholevile if you don't mind sharing with the yeti.

what the hell is a m101?

Jd you are covered. You have a full size Futon in the media room with your name on it!

uncle meat, you had mentioned that you want to come up to riverbreeze one saturday to play around with explorer..... I have checked the calendar and as of now,I am free any time between now and end of September with exception of 9/6.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be the only camper? Lol.
M101a1 specifically. Military trailer. I'm 70% sure mines a 1962 model.

ForumRunner_20140817_140045.jpg

I might setup where jd did his tent before.

Back