Spring puck split! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring puck split!

ctlaw74

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Hi;
Need some advice. Installed ebay front lift pucks for about a 2.5" lift in the ront and extended shackles in the back to match. I just noticed that the pucks which were installed under the springs have split! One is almost split in half. Are they just cheap pieces of crap or what? Should I go up to a tuff country kit or should I put in better pucks, etc... What is the correct spring to replace for a straight up swap, ie: F150 etc? What wil that get me? rougher ride, etc... how much lift?
Thanks in advance
PS: 94 4x4 Ex

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could get some 2" Skyjacker lift springs for the front, 132X is the model number I believe.

You could get some 2" Skyjacker lift springs for the front, 132X is the model number I believe.
I'm with nitro. My 132X coils ride great. Definitely worth the investment!

A stack of large washers is also an easy way to get 2"

Man, that sounds dangerous.

Man, that sounds dangerous.
Use washers that are the same size as spacers, then put them under the springs, Just like the spacers, There is a bolt through the center so they won't go anywhere, I have seen guys tack weld the washers together, just in case.

A cheap and effective way is to use F150 Coil spring seats. You can pick them up new for about $50-75 for the dealer or find them used for about $25.

F150 Coil Seats Install

Back