coil spacers/ hockey puck lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

coil spacers/ hockey puck lift

tac0meat

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB 2x4
ok ive done a search and ive got the shackles figured out as well as the hockey puck lift(sorta) still got a couple of ?? though.

hockey puck lift-what is the proccess used to actually seperate the body and frame enough to put the pucks in, and i know it has been done by GJarret(99) will the proceedures be the same for a vintage(91) explorer?

coil spacers-from what i have read i need 92 f150 spacers. is this for a 4x4 or 4x2 f150, or does it matter, and where/how much can i get these?

im hopin that with this ill be able to get 2.5"-3" of lift total. ill prolly start ordering parts and stuff next week. if there is anything else i need to know in addition to the above, please let me know.

add washers to the pucks...

Get some 3" flat washers to sandwich each of the pucks. This will help spread the weight load over the entire puck surface and add about 1/4" to the lift.
I also painted my pucks to prevent deterioration from weather/road salts, etc.
On my '91, I only had to buy two longer bolts by swapping them around per the needed length. Take care not to get too long of a bolt above the gas tank. Verify that the bolt does not contact the gas tank.
Once you get all the bolts loose, you'll have to jack up the body to get the pucks in. Use boards between the jack and body to spread out the force on the body when jacking.
As you are jacking, watch all wires/connections for strain.
When you're done, check all again and check fan/shroud clearance.
Hope this helps...

Oh... take your spare out first and you'll have to relocate the spare crank to access it through the existing hole.

Back