Sprint EVO 4G no longer USB compatible with 2.11 MFT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sprint EVO 4G no longer USB compatible with 2.11 MFT?

scoobycarolan

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Hi Everyone,
I got my dealer update to 2.11 and MFT & Sync have been working WAY better for me. 1 weird thing though, I keep getting "This USB device is not supported. Please unplug." pop-ups and I never did before! It happens when I simply plug the phone into charge and it not in USB sharing mode. When I activate Android so that its in USB drive mode it doesn't mount and the popup comes back! Basically the behavior has completely changed and no longer works as designed.

Any ideas for a fix? Happened to anyone else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Everyone,
I got my dealer update to 2.11 and MFT & Sync have been working WAY better for me. 1 weird thing though, I keep getting "This USB device is not supported. Please unplug." pop-ups and I never did before! It happens when I simply plug the phone into charge and it not in USB sharing mode. When I activate Android so that its in USB drive mode it doesn't mount and the popup comes back! Basically the behavior has completely changed and no longer works as designed.

You should add that to the bug list on the other thread.

Hi Everyone,

Do you have an iPod or a different phone to try in the USB port? I'm curious if it's the phone or the USB ports.

Also, you can try deleting your phone from MyFord Touch and Reverse Pairing it. Here are the instructions:

Go into your Bluetooth Settings on your phone and make sure Discoverable mode is set to ALWAYS or ON.
Touch ADD A PHONE.
Touch FIND OTHER DEVICES.
When your phone shows up on the MFT screen, select it.
Type in the Pass-key of 0000 and touch ENTER.
You BB will now ask you to enter in a Pass-key, type in 0000 and the equivalent of OK.
Both devices should now connect to each other.
When the system asks you to Auto Download your phone book, select NO.
You should now be on the PHONE menu.
Touch SETTINGS.
Touch down arrow until you see MANAGE PHONEBOOK.
Touch RE-DOWNLOAD PHONEBOOK.

Let me know how it works out for you!

Rebecca

are you mounting the phone in disk mode, (hdd) charge only or wifi(teethering)?

What to do what to do

Back