Squeaking from passenger front seat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Squeaking from passenger front seat

pup5581

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer Sport
So today my truck seemed to have developed a pass seat squeak when riding on highway. The pass seat vibrates a good ammount when going 65 +with no one in it..my seat vibrates as well but not as bad.

It sounds like a bot or something is loose. When i hold the seat back and push the back side in..it goes away. As soon as i let go it squeaks over bumps and when the seat starts shaking. Anyone have this before?

It goes in thursday for the remote start issue so i will bring this up then to them

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you sling a balancing weight off of the passenger front tire?

Did you sling a balancing weight off of the passenger front tire?

Dont think so. No vib in wheel at all. And my slight vib in my seat hasnt really changed

I almost want to WD40 something but not sure what

I have the same passenger side rattle/squeak but I thought it was more the 2ND row passenger seat. Haven't confirmed its the 2ND row but its annoying.

I have the same passenger side rattle/squeak but I thought it was more the 2ND row passenger seat. Haven't confirmed its the 2ND row but its annoying.

No mine is deff pass seat. As i can press on seat back..and it pretty much goes away

Dows yours only happen at faster speeds?

No mine is deff pass seat. As i can press on seat back..and it pretty much goes away

Dows yours only happen at faster speeds?

Any speed just when I hit certain bumps or holes in the road.

Any speed just when I hit certain bumps or holes in the road.

Found my problem. Check this for you. It's my front pass seatbelt. Where it attaches at the bottom. I held the belt and it stopped...got out after work and moved it...made the fait squeak. Will have to bring it up to dealer but i should be able to fix it on my own

Thanks I will check that out.

my seat shakes at hwy speed as well and my remote start only works when it wants too ...hmm the shaky seat is real annoying kinda makes me mad to watch it..lol

my seat shakes at hwy speed as well and my remote start only works when it wants too ...hmm the shaky seat is real annoying kinda makes me mad to watch it..lol

My last 2 cars... 07 G35x and '14 Altima did the same thing...no one in it the seat vibrates a lot on highway.

I put WD 40 in the seatbelt bottom where it connects inside floor and it stopped the squeak

Back