• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

STEEDA Sway Bar Installed!!

Reaction score
City, State
Port Washington, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Ahh sorry, skipped over it. Just got it and the squeak is gone! 20 bumps I went over just to test it lol
Excellent! Glad it worked, I know the annoyance for sure :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

PlatinumOwner

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
I just got mine installed today. A great improvement in handling! Virtually all roll is gone when cornering on the middle/neutral setting. A big improvement to understeer as well. More responsive turning due to better tire grip. The vehicle feels like it’s on rails around turns.

Adrian Gitch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Paris, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Just installed the sway bar today using the middle adjustment. Handling on turns and curves is SO much better. Feels about like my Infiniti. Well worth the money.

SJExplorer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Philly Burbs, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘17 Sport
Wife is asking for B-Day gift ideas. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the sway bar. Are those of you who have it installed still happy with your decision to get it?

SJExplorer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Philly Burbs, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘17 Sport
My wife got me the sway bar for my birthday! I played golf this morning, and then had lunch with my buddies. No time to install it today, but will likely do it this week. I'm looking forward to a lot less body roll!

Adrian Gitch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Paris, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
There's been a few times when in a big hurry that I've taken turns like a bat out of hell and it handles it very nicely. You'll notice a big difference.

are6rider

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Did the install the other day as well!!! Awesome and easy! @UIN2IT Video was a great resource, BTW!

mguy13sport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
How much was the Quickjack setup you got there? @are6rider

And I assume those are lowering springs? How are those compared to stock?

AND also noticed you are running straight exhaust? Is there a muffler somewhere? Wat set up is that?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
AND also noticed you are running straight exhaust? Is there a muffler somewhere? Wat set up is that?
There is at least a muffler showing in the last picture.

Peter

are6rider

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
@mguy13sport All in I spent about $1600 with Quickjack, but I did a bunch of improvements on the kit. Made everything, to include the controller, quick-connect so everything can break down easy, also made a carry case for everything to make it easy for transport...

-XvCSqssnqucFJg?width=660&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

8KH_dg_c9yD6B6w?width=660&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

2xOaWZ6Kg0HjhFQ?width=660&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

fJ9bKiv9KLvde4Q?width=660&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

IUZe9EcpqY3vEVQ?width=660&height=321&cropmode=none.jpg

As for lowering Springs...yup, got the H&R ones and love em, but also upgraded to the Bilstein B6s as well as some other Steeda parts:

5TJAsBF3iJ7kNJg?width=660&height=321&cropmode=none.jpg

AND as for the exhasut, its just the standard Livernois (just re-branded CORSA exhaust) turbo-back setup with high-flow cats and dual mufflers...nothing spectacular.

Last edited:

Livernois

EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
@mguy13sport All in I spent about $1600 with Quickjack, but I did a bunch of improvements on the kit. Made everything, to include the controller, quick-connect so everything can break down easy, also made a carry case for everything to make it easy for transport...

View attachment 314944

View attachment 314945

View attachment 314946

View attachment 314947

View attachment 314948

As for lowering Springs...yup, got the H&R ones and love em, but also upgraded to the Bilstein B6s as well as some other Steeda parts:

View attachment 314949

AND as for the exhasut, its just the standard Livernois (just re-branded CORSA exhaust) turbo-back setup with high-flow cats and dual mufflers...nothing spectacular.
Very nice setup, thanks for sharing! Bet it handles like a dream now. I also wanted to take a second to clarify on the exhaust comment just to avoid any confusion. We actually had custom fabricated the original Explorer Sport exhaust systems by hand on our own 13 shop truck years back because there was not a quality exhaust option available and Corsa also did not offer anything for them. So this is our own design that Corsa now produces for us with their high quality components. But you cannot go to Corsa and order an exhaust from them directly because it's actually a Thunderstorm line developed in house at our facility. So they tell people to call us since they do not offer their own line for the Explorer. This is the same for our downpipes we engineered in house, but have produced for us b another large exhaust manufacturer.

Here's a link to a thread with more info on the development of our exhaust products for the Explorer.

are6rider

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Very nice setup, thanks for sharing! Bet it handles like a dream now. I also wanted to take a second to clarify on the exhaust comment just to avoid any confusion. We actually had custom fabricated the original Explorer Sport exhaust systems by hand on our own 13 shop truck years back because there was not a quality exhaust option available and Corsa also did not offer anything for them. So this is our own design that Corsa now produces for us with their high quality components. But you cannot go to Corsa and order an exhaust from them directly because it's actually a Thunderstorm line developed in house at our facility. So they tell people to call us since they do not offer their own line for the Explorer. This is the same for our downpipes we engineered in house, but have produced for us b another large exhaust manufacturer.

Here's a link to a thread with more info on the development of our exhaust products for the Explorer.

...sigh...no comment...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
QuietStorm17 Installed Steeda Sway Bar, Trailing arms and Adjustable Toe Links Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
F Steeda trailing arms and sway bar Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 15
K Steeda vs Bilstein shocks and struts Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 17
TJ@Steeda Steeda New Product Release: Steeda F-150/Explorer Pro-Flow Blow-Off Valve Adapter (2011-2019) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
TJ@Steeda Now Available: Steeda Explorer Adjustable Toe Links Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 10
T Bigger rear sway bar? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
S led light bar wired to work with only high beams? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 7
Z Setina PB 400 Push Bar installation help 2012 Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
Z 3 bar map sensor model number differences Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
S Part number for the 3 bar map sensor Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 10
P Best LEDs for my Aries Bull Bar? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
S 5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 149
E 3 bar map sensor Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 14
I Running bar Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
B Black Horse Bull Bar installed! Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
T 2011 Explorer Aries Bull Bar and Tube Steps installed Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 44
A Push Bar for Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 340