• Register Today It's free!

Steering issues

whitltng

Reaction score
City, State
Miami
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
I might have a steering issue related to the epas but havnt seen alot people with my same symptoms. So I wanted to start a new thread.

I'll start with the cars information.. 2013 explorer sport 120k miles. Got the car for a great price so I decided to put some money into it just for some peace of mind.

The cars complete suspension is new oem motorcraft.. shocks and struts new hats ..lower control arms. Torque mounts. Passenger side axle. End links , inner outer tie rods.. new tires in the front (rotated them to trouble shoot my issue).
Tire shop aligned all into spec.

Ok so here my steering issue.
When Driving normal vehicles drives straight will not vear to either side. Will drive to the direction of the steering we..

The moment I give it some gas accelerating the car pulls to the right and back to normal when I let off the gas.. I've check lca. Axles even replaced the motor mounts which I didn't want to but wanted to rule those out since I couldn't find the issue..
I wondering if the epas is getting a false reading from somewhere and trying to counter the Torque steer..

Also guys I know what Torque steer is and this issue is not it.. rotated tires just to rule out bent rims or tire pull. If anyone's had this issue let me know what you found out.. the power steering is still fully work to lights or lost of power..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The original rear toe links are prone to cracking. Ford still has an recall open to replace the toe links and knuckle for free if found to be faulty.

There is definitely something in the suspension binding up or not functioning properly. It doesn't sound like EPAS but you can check with ForScan to see if its showing any DTC history

I might have a steering issue related to the epas but havnt seen alot people with my same symptoms. So I wanted to start a new thread.

Welcome to the Forum. ;)
I doubt that it is an EPAS issue.
Have you checked the VIN to see if there are any open Recalls on the vehicle?

Peter

Vehicle hasn't had the toe links replaced by the recall. But anyways the links aren't broken.. i didn't think it was the epas either but all parts upfront are tight and I don't see anything bent or out of alignment.. its driving me crazy..

When you say "give it some gas" do you mean normal, heavier or WOT acceleration?

It sounds like they didn't do the alignment properly, or something has come loose since then and needs re-torqued. Have them double check the alignment and the tire pressure/balance.

Also, check the brake caliper pins are lubricated. Sometimes they lose lubrication and cause the pads to decompress slowly from the rotors.

It sounds like they didn't do the alignment properly, or something has come loose since then and needs re-torqued. Have them double check the alignment and the tire pressure/balance.

Also, check the brake caliper pins are lubricated. Sometimes they lose lubrication and cause the pads to decompress slowly from the rotors.

Pressures fine .. new motorcraft pins when I changed the front rotor and pads. Few months ago.

Only thing in my front suspension that's old is the driver side axle.. everything's else is replaced... when I put the car in the 2nd driver setting which is mud. It dosnt do it not even at 50% throttle ill have to go to 90 to100 % for it to pull to the right.. which is either ther epas trying to adjust for torque steer or a arms are loose

Back