Stereo options (Sound quality) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stereo options (Sound quality)

Thanks for all the great info. Sounds like the 8 speaker setup on the xlt will be more than enough. Only complaint now is I can't pay for push button start as an option like I can on mid trim edge sel.

Agree about the push button start. Ridiculous that you have to get the limited. My gf's 4 year old base altima comes with it standard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got an XLT and am not happy with the sound quality. Ended up adding a small subwoofer which helps the bass but the highs are flat and lifeless.

If I could choose again, I would go for a Limited, just for the sound. No doubt.

that was my original intention but the cost increase doesn't work, especially since I don't care about leather and chrome etc.

I got an XLT and am not happy with the sound quality. Ended up adding a small subwoofer which helps the bass but the highs are flat and lifeless.

If I could choose again, I would go for a Limited, just for the sound. No doubt.

Use the money you would have spent on the Limited and have an aftermarket system installed. It will sound much better than the Sony system.

The 8 speaker sound quality is not that good. Hardly any bass. I am a little disappointed. I just turned in a Flex 2010 SE, without really any features, yet the sound in the Flex to me is better than the 2013 Explorer. What can I do? How do you install a sub-woofer or an amp?:eek:

The 8 speaker sound quality is not that good. Hardly any bass. I am a little disappointed. I just turned in a Flex 2010 SE, without really any features, yet the sound in the Flex to me is better than the 2013 Explorer. What can I do? How do you install a sub-woofer or an amp?:eek:
Welcome to the Forum coastman49.:wavey:
I have the Limited and it looks like the sub-woofer is installed behind the right rear panel, close to where the tail light assembly is located. There is a large speaker grill mounted there so I would assume that the XLT has the same space at that location. Good luck.

Peter

I have learned that the XLT's sound quality really shines through best when streaming bluetooth, using USB, or audio CD. Otherwise, without the HD radio, you cannot tell how good it is... and it isnt HD radio unless you go Limited.

Back