Stereo Overhaul | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stereo Overhaul

Those are 2-way speakers. There is a reason they're that cheap. Besides if you were going to put in something other then components you would want ones that are meant for a 6x8 hole.

dude look in to alpine i got a good system in my truck for just a tiny bit over a grand great bass and sound quality

I second this....

I accidently said I have a "Kenwood" headunit. But actually its an alpine...

I love it!

It tells me happy birthday, and merry christmas and stuff. Very fancy!!

Buy a set of 6.5components. Build a baffle the shape of the factory speaker out of 1/4 MDF. Cut a hole in it for the 6.5 & tweeter or just mount the tweeter to it. I had mine like this till I added the 4 inch mids with a different baffle board I had to cut a little metal. I mounted the tweeters at the top of the door panel. I mounted my crossover under the door panel beside the speaker hole. Don't worry about rear speakers. Run the factory ones off your HU. Buy a good 4 channel amp & run your subs of the rear channels & your front speakers off the front channels. Or buy a small 2 channel for the fronts & a 1 channel class d sub amp. Run 1 good 12 inch sub in a ported box. It will hit hard for your bass. The 6.5 components will give good sound up front where you are sitting. I very seldom use rear speakers on my systems. I like spending my money on better speakers for the front

Back