RAKnack

Reaction score
City, State
Gaylord, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Police Interceptor
Callsign
KC8MWG
My new-to-me 2015 PIU, a former Michigan State Police vehicle, currently has the bare-bones basic stereo system, non-SYNC - the one that has the phone keypad on the right side, and manual climate controls.

I want to upgrade my stereo system to something with Bluetooth and preferably built-in navigation and a backup camera (my car does not currently have one). Is there anything aftermarket that will integrate seamlessly and reliably with my vehicle, including the climate controls?

My new-to-me 2015 PIU, a former Michigan State Police vehicle, currently has the bare-bones basic stereo system, non-SYNC - the one that has the phone keypad on the right side, and manual climate controls.

I want to upgrade my stereo system to something with Bluetooth and preferably built-in navigation and a backup camera (my car does not currently have one). Is there anything aftermarket that will integrate seamlessly and reliably with my vehicle, including the climate controls?

Unfortunately there are no good options for non-sync vehicles. For aftermarket there are really two options, the "Tesla" style screen which is pretty terrible chinese software and a $1000 price tag, or the metra radio fitting kit with aftermarket climate controls. The metra controls are clunky and the relocation of the radio down to where the climate controls normally go looks pretty odd.

I ended up keeping my radio and adding a Bluetooth adaptor that hooks into my aux port (which I also had to enable). Some people just use a FM transmitter. For my backup camera I installed a separate system on the dash tray but you could use a review mirror screen as well.

IMG_5781.JPG

Back