Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Sweet truck, The first new ranger I seen on the road I thought it was a toyota tacoma from a distance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey just wanted to let all you Ranger fans know we have engine and trans tune available for the 2.3 ecoboost Ranger. We were really happy with the results now we didn't see as big as a jump as the 2.3 mustang but it also had a higher baseline. This is also carb legal in all 50 states. If anyone has any questions please message me or call me at 313-561-5500 my name is Jake thank you
Livernois Motorsports

I ordered a thin LED light bar to go in the bumper, just have to install it. I also ordered a custom switch panel from Australia, that swaps out the panel below the hvac controls, and looks totally factory.

20190316_120709-jpg.6343

ford-fascia-product.jpg

Hot. Did you get the switch installed?

Yeap it's in. Looking at going to 32's or 33's right now but trying to decide what to do about the front end. Do I just go 32's and leave the rake, or do I level it and do 33's. :dunno: Maybe something in between.

Made it to the Rubicon:p

20190630_145111-jpg.13585

Yeap it's in. Looking at going to 32's or 33's right now but trying to decide what to do about the front end. Do I just go 32's and leave the rake, or do I level it and do 33's. :dunno: Maybe something in between.

Are you at all concerned about fuel economy? If not, then level it and do 33's.

Made it to the Rubicon:p

20190630_145111-jpg.13585
What is that uneven looking stuff under the tires? I should know this, but its so far back in the recesses of my memory...….

It's my daily driver. Back and forth to work I get almost 21mpg. From LA to Lake Tahoe we got 24 mpg. Not bad for 4x4 pick up. The 5th gen Explorer we only get 23mpg on the highway and it's front wheel drive, but has a V6.

She has 30.5" right now from the factory. I can fit 32's with out any lift. However the lift for this thing is $100. And then I can do 33's. I'll lose 1-2 mpg.

Seeing a few of these in the wild now I would think it would look better with a lift in the front to level it out. Can't wait to get one in 15 years to build into a trail rig....

Just ordered leveling collars.

These are a bit different then your normal leveling spacers, as they are a little more friendly to the suspension geometry and provide preload on the springs. A lot of Raptor guys use a set up like these.

859b2c_4b3d70cc00fe4c6aa861462aa94fc667~mv2.webp

859b2c_c33debe2ff5145178e77cec0088d4415~mv2.webp

It's my daily driver. Back and forth to work I get almost 21mpg. From LA to Lake Tahoe we got 24 mpg. Not bad for 4x4 pick up. The 5th gen Explorer we only get 23mpg on the highway and it's front wheel drive, but has a V6.

She has 30.5" right now from the factory. I can fit 32's with out any lift. However the lift for this thing is $100. And then I can do 33's. I'll lose 1-2 mpg.

I leveled mine. Did spacers. I didn’t loose any mpg from the lift. Only hit I saw was the larger tire. Only 2 1/2 in spacer and 32 inch tires. Kinda of a climb to get in now.

I saw my first Ranger in the wild yesterday. I can definitely see why you want to level it.

I saw my first Ranger in the wild yesterday. I can definitely see why you want to level it.

What are you saying my 4x4 pick up shouldn't look like it's ready for the drag stip?:dunno:

Maybe I just put 33's on the back only with no lift:laugh:

So these showed up on my door step today:D

Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT285/70/17

img_20191010_202415_01-jpg.20723

Something is happening over here today....but I ask one question...

Can you fit 8 truck tires in a 5th gen Explorer?:confused2:

Stay tuned

8? I’ve got 5 bucks on no. Unless you mean on top too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So these showed up on my door step today:D

Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT285/70/17

img_20191010_202415_01-jpg.20723
I went with 265/70 R17. You will have to let me know how yours fit. I think they may rub.

I just went with a level lift on the front. Looks like I can go up but the damn crash bars would rub. Plenty of room elsewhere though.

Back