Stic-o's Sliders | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's Sliders

Ok here are some pitures of them for now. Not acually boted up, but they are in the right spot.

93aascd.jpg

lloking from front to back
1542scd.jpg

With wider axle
5537scd.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These things done yet? :D:D:D:D:D:D

...Arn't they done in the picture above?:confused:

Didn't you see them on the truck last time you saw it?:p:

I mean really...how could you misss the welds:D

Ok here are some pitures of them for now. Not acually boted up, but they are in the right spot.

...Arn't they done in the picture above?:confused:

Didn't you see them on the truck last time you saw it?:p:

I mean really...how could you misss the welds:D

And what does it say in the post above? :D:D:D

:biggthump

Sliders_on.jpg

Yeah if you have any pictures of the mounts, that'd be cool. I learned the hard way (with the morons :fire: :fire: :fire: at ORI when I had mine made) if you go custom at a shop (and not having a buddy do them with ya) STAY at the shop while they make them and mount'em or you'll get HOSED like I did and they will F*&@n weld them to your frame when they weren't supposed to!! I'd like to see how you ended up mounting yours.... seeing as this thread is almost in 'archive' status it's so old! :D

mine are just bolt on. they only have two supports the rear one look lile a "L" and bolt to the side and the bottom of the frame. The front ones have just a flat piece on the ontside with 4 bolts going all the way through the frame it the has a ubside down "L" that give it support so it pushs on up on the bottom of the frame when you step on it. they both then have a 1"x1" piece of box tube from the arms to the frame mounts like so "/"

Things I would change...

1st the 1x1 made a HUGE differance! Before they were almost not even good for steps.:rolleyes:

2nd 3rd support...just because. I plan to add this at some point by using a 2"x3" (or 2x4) and go inbetween the body mount support under the B pillar.

3rd the front mount needs a flat plate on the inside. right now by tighting the bolts the frame has started to pull in...or colapase.:(

All in all they are very strong and solid the way they are on the truck now.

and yes the body lift is out now, pulled it out right before the SAS. When I built the sliders I planned for the body lift coming back out some day.

Cool setup. The "step" functionality is a must (especially for short passengers). :) What did you finish (spray paint, herculine, etc.) them with?

I miss CA. when it comes to rust preperation. I gotta decide what I'm gonna finish mine with. Mine are 1" square tube with 3/8 plate for steps at all 4 doors and round tube outriggers- upward and outward at a 45 degree angle(which are gonna be a holy pain for me to finish DIY).

Sidenote: you've also got a real nice spare tire carrier / rear bumper, are they also homebrew?

My dad need some pictures of the slider mounts, so I thought I would share with all for future refferance;)

These are both driver side (pass is the same)

Looking tords the front of the truck. Front mount

Front_Slider_mount.jpg

Looking tords the the rear of the truck. Rear mount.

rear_slider_mount.jpg

Back