Stiff-armed by the dealer on a warranty issue | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stiff-armed by the dealer on a warranty issue

Keith, which dealership did you deal with? I want to be sure to steer clear of them.

Chaz - Yeah, I thought about naming them, but let's skip it. I will say that if you're in Tacoma, you probably don't need to worry unless you like driving 45+ plus minutes to a dealership. Cheers.

Well, I bought my Explorer from Harris Ford because they were the only ones in the area with the Ebony interior at the time.

Update and some comments.

I had a meeting with the Service Manager on Tuesday. I made the same case as in the OP. At no point was he listening to me. He was just letting me talk so he could tell me no.

Also, the Ford 800 line closed my complaint, didn't call or email me with the results, and will not let me talk to a supervisor because the case is closed. I thought about trying to to re-open another, but I'm sure the complaint is tied to the VIN, and I'll be denied.

Cheers all and thanks for the feedback.

I'd re open it anyway. Be careful to articulate it not as a "complaint" but something you're looking for "assistance on." The distinction is that complaints go into a black hole, requests for assistance get a response one way or the other.

I know it's a trivial difference to us regular, rational human beings, but to the scripted madness that is the Customer Disrelationship Center (or Centre for our Canadian Neighbors :)) it actually changes how the concern is held. You may also want to ask specifically for feedback from a subject matter expert on the PTU/transmission.

Back