• Register Today It's free!

Still no fuel

Kipp A Murray

Reaction score
City, State
Joplin Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford explore XLT
Have a 95 Ford Explorer XLT after changing a bad fuel pump and filter I cannot get fuel past the fuel regulator to the rail I have 100+ pounds to the regulator I have bled the fuel rail I don't know how many times so I replaced the fuel regulator to no avail still no fuel to the rail . Does anyone know how to test a regulator to see if it's good . And could the fuel rail pressure sensor affect this I really don't know yet I'm grasping at straws's . By the way the truck does run when you prime the injectors

Have a 95 Ford Explorer XLT after changing a bad fuel pump and filter I cannot get fuel past the fuel regulator to the rail I have 100+ pounds to the regulator I have bled the fuel rail I don't know how many times so I replaced the fuel regulator to no avail still no fuel to the rail . Does anyone know how to test a regulator to see if it's good . And could the fuel rail pressure sensor affect this I really don't know yet I'm grasping at straws's . By the way the truck does run when you prime the injectors
@Kipp A Murray
Fuel does not go to the rail from the Pressure Regulator. Rather the rails fill with fuel, then the Regulator "bleeds" away fuel back to the tank, to maintain constant rail fuel pressure.

Where are you measuring 100+ lbs. of fuel pressure? At the Schrader valve? 100 psi is way too much. Do not understand what you mean by no fuel to the rail. If there is pressure in the rail, there is fuel, right? How do you prime the injectors?

I'm guessing there is something preventing fuel from returning to the tank, perhaps a clog or kinked line. imp

Imp thanks for responding to my post I was confused about the route of fuel. I'm getting no fuel to the rail but I have 100 pounds PSI plus at the regulator top what you're telling me is the return line The Schrader valve still dry .my next task I'm going to drop the tank again and make sure everything is kosher there.

I'm a tad confused what you mean by regulator top, if you have no pressure at the schrader, you have no fuel pressure 99% of the time.

Back