Stock 02 STrac rims...questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock 02 STrac rims...questions

What is the offset/backspacing for the stock Sport Trac rims. I have an 02 4x4 with 16" rims and 255/70 tires.

I'm going to replace the rims and want to make the right choice for fitment. :usa:

Any issues with powder coated rims (chipping, etc)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock is 16x7, +12mm offset, 4.5" backspace, 4.5" bolt circle. Offset, backspace and nominal width are all interrelated, so you can't change one without affecting at least one of the others.

Stock is 16x7, +12mm offset, 4.5" backspace, 4.5" bolt circle. Offset, backspace and nominal width are all interrelated, so you can't change one without affecting at least one of the others.

Great.
Can I use a wider tire than the 255/70?

Any time you are going to change rim specs and/or tire width or diameter, you should ask for a test fit from the seller. Too many variables unless you can find another owner who already has the exact combination that you're considering.

Now I'm confused. In my search for new rims some dealers list the offset as +12 and others as +20 - 35.
Why the difference?
I had rims picked out at +12 but the dealer won't guarentee fit, etc.

Stock offset for your 2002 ST is +12mm. Aftermarket wheels can be any offset.

Back