• Register Today It's free!

Stock Mach 1 amp/stereo 1999 EB

Geo_08

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Two questions, first off who was producing the mach 1 head units in 1999. Second question, what was the output ratings to the speakers and subs from the amp? My stock sub is toast, and need to put in a replacement utilizing all of the other stock materials.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should only be a single sub. The wattage from the amp is highly unlikely to blow any aftermarket sub. get one designed to run in a small sealed enclosure, and pick or with a higher effficiency rating, and you’ll be good.

Should only be a single sub. The wattage from the amp is highly unlikely to blow any aftermarket sub. get one designed to run in a small sealed enclosure, and pick or with a higher effficiency rating, and you’ll be good.

I did mean sub* was just curious on the outputs in general. For knowledge sake. I plan to use the following sub, which should allow me to keep everything as stock as possible. Does the stock sub have a specific connection or solder connections? I read one work through that said it had slip on terminals.

Pioneer TS-SW2002D2

I did mean sub* was just curious on the outputs in general. For knowledge sake. I plan to use the following sub, which should allow me to keep everything as stock as possible. Does the stock sub have a specific connection or solder connections? I read one work through that said it had slip on terminals.

Pioneer TS-SW2002D2

I’m not sure what the advertised outputs are, but I’d highly suspect the numbers are inflated.

As far as I remember all the factory Ford speakers I’ve replaced had plastic connectors.

I’m not sure what the advertised outputs are, but I’d highly suspect the numbers are inflated.

As far as I remember all the factory Ford speakers I’ve replaced had plastic connectors.
Yeah all the speakers did, hoping the sub is different. Moved that question over to the stereo section.

The Mach head units are Pioneer made for Ford, high quality except for the display board. The outputs should be typical for speaker level signals, and not very powerful. Note that the Mach has only high frequencies going to the four door speakers, and only lows to the sub.

The wiring going to the sub/amp is a single harness which plugs into the dash harness, in the right kick panel area. So you can alter the sub ens and not do damage to the main wiring.

There are internal line level signals inside the Mach HU's. I don't know how to identify them, but I have a Mach HU with RCA output pigtails, yet to use though. When I had mine fixed over 10 years ago, the man knew the internals very well, and he located the circuits and installed the RCA outputs for me. I plan to run RCA cables and amps for the speakers.

Back