• Register Today It's free!

Strut Mounts

skepticon

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
I’m replacing the struts and shocks with Bilstein B6's, and the springs with Steeda.

What is the consensus with regards to mounts? Should I replace them with Ford OEM, or are there better aftermarket options available?

Other than the mounts and camber bolts, is there any other hardware I’m gonna need? Boots for the struts?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had about 94K miles on my Sport when I switched over to Bilstein and reused the factory mounts. They both were in good shape so I didn't see a point in buying new ones.

You should be able to reuse your boot covers from your stock shocks/struts to transfer to the Bilstein. Shouldn't need any other additional hardware.

Wouldn't hurt to replace your sway bar end links depending on your mileage.

I had about 94K miles on my Sport when I switched over to Bilstein and reused the factory mounts. They both were in good shape so I didn't see a point in buying new ones.

You should be able to reuse your boot covers from your stock shocks/struts to transfer to the Bilstein. Shouldn't need any other additional hardware.

Wouldn't hurt to replace your sway bar end links depending on your mileage.

Thanks. At the least, I plan to replace the strut mounts, if for no other reason than to have the piece of mind knowing they're fresh. I haven't found anything compelling about the aftermarket parts, so I'm planning to stick with OE unless someone knowlegable changes my mind . And with all the coin I've already spent on springs, struts, and shocks, I figure I might as well spend the little bit extra on new insulators because why the hell not at this point, right?

Sway bar end links got replaced all around with Moog when I installed the Steeda sway bar. That's one component where the OE parts looked pretty under-engineered.

I’m replacing the struts and shocks with Bilstein B6's, and the springs with Steeda.

What is the consensus with regards to mounts? Should I replace them with Ford OEM, or are there better aftermarket options available?

Other than the mounts and camber bolts, is there any other hardware I’m gonna need? Boots for the struts?

Thanks.
Any particular reason you added the camber bolt? Also, what did you do with the boots? New or stock?

Any particular reason you added the camber bolt? Also, what did you do with the boots? New or stock?
Hopefully, the member is still around. He was last seen here on October 11, 2022.

Peter

Back