Suggestions Needed to Improve 2006 V8 3V Performance!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suggestions Needed to Improve 2006 V8 3V Performance!!!

Pro5ohKid said:
Do you have any pics of your exhaust or sound clips? My wife wants exhaust on hers but i'm kinda picky, and just trying to get idea's. Cherry Bomb is the best sounding muffler ever... ;) :cool:

I don't have any sound clips but i can tell you it sounds good. I didn't want a obnoxious sound and my setup works well. when your cruising you don't hear it but when you step on it theres a nice low rumble. I can take a picture of it tommorow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally Posted by bentley
I don't have any sound clips but i can tell you it sounds good. I didn't want a obnoxious sound and my setup works well. when your cruising you don't hear it but when you step on it theres a nice low rumble. I can take a picture of it tommorow.

Waiting for the pics :D

:thumbsup:

here is the sound clip:

awesome man, thank you very much....i like it. Kind of an off question, but how is your gas mileage now?

better now. Before the mods i averaged 13-14 now im between 15-16 of mixed city hwy driving. Cruising On the highway i get 20+

Good job, really nice - It sound much better than original, I'll definitively consider something like that for the mine. :cool:

Very nice and like the look, really like the idle.. "gurgle" :thumbsup:

aldive said:
Doug promptly helps everyone I referrer to him.
Wish I could agree with you Aldive...if I could, I would be playing with my new XCalibrator 2 right now.

Instead, I'm stilll empty handed, and have no return call or return e-mail from Doug at BamaChips. I e-mailed him a week ago...last Saturday.

I guess I'll try Explorer Express.

rpr said:
Wish I could agree with you Aldive...if I could, I would be playing with my new XCalibrator 2 right now.

Instead, I'm stilll empty handed, and have no return call or return e-mail from Doug at BamaChips. I e-mailed him a week ago...last Saturday.

Hey guys,

This is Doug with BamaChips...

I now use Explorer Express as my retailer for my Explorer products. If you goto my website and click on the Explorer links then you'll note that it goes to their website. They handle all of the emails and customer service work and then send me the order and I write the tuning and send your X-calibrator out from me with MY tuning products on it.

The reason I do this is because I work very closely with Explorer Express on all of their Supercharger kits, they come with my tuning, and I feel that they have a great knowledge of Explorer's and Sport Trac's and can handle most of the questions that are asked. The best thing is that when they cannot answer a questions instead of tell someone a story they call me and I'll answer it direct.

If you would like to call me you can at 205-302-0231 and I'll gladly answer your questions but when you are ready to place your order please contact Explorer Express.

Thanks, Doug. :D

rpr said:

I fowarded your post to Doug and I see that he already answered.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the response and I will order through Explorer Express.

Where?

I'm on the EE site and I can't seem to find the Xcal 2! Am I blind or is it just not there?

tygrrwoods said:
I'm on the EE site and I can't seem to find the Xcal 2! Am I blind or is it just not there?

Typical of EE; I looked too and could not find anything.

I think you need to call them.

Good luck ....

OK...just want to clear Doug's good name at Bama Chips. I ordered the SCT XCalibrator2 through EE, and it was shipped direct from Doug at Bama Chips.

I'm currently using the 93 Octane Perormance Tune. Major improvement! The hesitation that was driving me nuts on this vehicle is almost completely gone, and mpg tentatively looks like it has improved by 2 - 3 mpg.

All in all, well worth the $400 (for me), and I didn't even get any grease under my fingernails.

Not sure if any of the tweakable user options might be able to improve responsiveness any further, I loaded with all defaults to start.

rpr said:
OK...just want to clear Doug's good name at Bama Chips. I ordered the SCT XCalibrator2 through EE, and it was shipped direct from Doug at Bama Chips.

I'm currently using the 93 Octane Perormance Tune. Major improvement! The hesitation that was driving me nuts on this vehicle is almost completely gone, and mpg tentatively looks like it has improved by 2 - 3 mpg.

All in all, well worth the $400 (for me), and I didn't even get any grease under my fingernails.

Not sure if any of the tweakable user options might be able to improve responsiveness any further, I loaded with all defaults to start.
I think Ill do the same. I got my XCal2 about 2 months ago and Im whipping 350zs, camaros, Mustangs and plenty of others at stop lights. the best thing is is can run over crap in my Ex. Doug helped me 3 times over the phone. the service was perfect and the product is a pretty good value at $400.

Ive only got 2200 miles on it so i cant really say on its impact on gas mileage, only the fact that the 93 Octane Torque tune lays rubber when you want it to...... no ive jsut got to perfe4ct the burn out....

Speaking of, has anyone tried burning out and really done it? If so, how?

And thanks for that sound clip, i might seriously look into an exaust system now.

Couple of questions:

1) Does using these tunes void any warranties?

2) Before I take my X in for dealer service, should I flash back to the stock programming?

rpr said:
Couple of questions:

1) Does using these tunes void any warranties?

2) Before I take my X in for dealer service, should I flash back to the stock programming?

(1) No

(2) I would, just so they won't try and blame custom tune on the problem you're having.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back