Sun Roof Air Delfector

Josh C.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Live in: Santa Ana, CA - - - From: Oshawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mounty v8 AWD
A few years ago the air deflector on my sunroof broke off. The two little clips that mount the air deflector to the top of the car snapped. I finally fixed them today but I'm not sure how the deflector sits up there. Can anyone post a few pics of their sunroof air deflector from a few angles I would appreciate it. '98 Mounty

?? I'm no expert on the differences between a Mounty and and Explorer, but my '98 Explorer with sunroof, had no factory air deflector. A brief google image search shows no '98 Mountaneers with air deflectors either.

I suspect yours is an aftermarket add-on, and would assume it just mounted right in front of the sunroof opening.

Is it really useful? I mean if I were to open the sunroof it would be to get a stream of air coming in, but mostly I'd rather not have one so it is easier to wash and remove snow up there.

No, its factory. It sits under the sunroof window and springs up once the window opens/slides back. So when the sunroof is closed you don't see it.

I actually fixed it the other day. I'll post a picture tomorrow so other people can see it

Back