Sunglass Holder won't latch 2021 KR | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sunglass Holder won't latch 2021 KR

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 King Ranch 4wd 3.0T
I saw some discussion here but wondering if anyone has any more recent issues and the process for the dealer to order/remove/replace as mine won't latch closed.
20230131_152917.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bump on the left corner is supposed to have a tip that goes into a slot in thr housing when you close it. Yours has the tip broken off. Mine broke and dealer replaced it under warranty. Would probably be fairly easy to self repair by drilling a hole where the tip is broken off and gluing a stud in the hole that sticks out enough to engage in the slot.

Happened on my 21 ST also. Dealer replaced under warranty.

Thanks all!

The bump on the left corner is supposed to have a tip that goes into a slot in thr housing when you close it. Yours has the tip broken off. Mine broke and dealer replaced it under warranty. Would probably be fairly easy to self repair by drilling a hole where the tip is broken off and gluing a stud in the hole that sticks out enough to engage in the slot.
Came to post this, as I noticed the little nub over the weekend in mine.
But, I nerfed my phone & killed the display, so am back to the stone age.

Back