Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Garner, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 F150
Callsign
N1LVN
OK, so I go out after some rain the other day, and I noticed that the headliner was damp all along the back of the sunroof. Just what I needed, another problem! :rolleyes: So, I searched around and found out about the drain holes. I checked those last night (2 up front is all I saw) and water drained right out, and everything was clean - no problem. I could not see anything else obvious. Possibly the roof just didn't seat right (although that doesn't seem to matter), or maybe some weird condensation thing that happened as the result of a REALLY fast temperature change (though no other signs of that) to cause it t get damp back there. It wasn't soaked, but then again, it didn't rain that much.

Anyone ever have any other things cause a sunroof leak? I just don't see anywhere else that it could have come in there.

If this is the first and only time its leaked, I would wait until it happens again before spending a lot of time trying to find a leak. Maybe you just didn't get it closed all the way. Happens occasionally to me but has always been because somebody didn't get it closed all the way. Just be sure the sunroof is fully closed next time it rains to see if it is an actual leak.

Yeah, I think I'll do that. There's nothing obvious, and now that I know how the system works, I just can't see how it could have gotten in. Plus, I think the cover was open, but there was no water on top of it, so that adds more unknowns. Hopefully a fluke, and I can get back to real problems. ;)

Back