• Register Today It's free!

leaky sunroof or windshield

egghead335

Reaction score
City, State
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Eddie Bauer
well i have a 95 eddie and the roof leaks when it rains from eather the sunroof or the windshield. when it rains the head liner feels damp on the front 5 inches by then windshield. on the drivers side it feels damp by the drivers side front door and from were the sun roof is down to the windshield. my dad bought this truck new in 95 the problem has been happening for a while now but its just getting alot worse. when it rains for 2+ hours there will be water in the car on the driver seat and in the front cup holders and on the stearing wheel. when driving the truck in the rain water will drip down on me from the headliner. i tested the sunroof with a gallon of water to see if the hoses to take the water away were jamed with anything but both of those work fine. are there more than 2 exit ways for water on a ford factory sunroof then the front two. i also put silicone on the top of the windshield. could the windshield silicone be bad because it is 10 years old ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any signs of rust around the windshield? If the windshield has been replaced then the inner lip can be rusting out.. This occurs because the glass guys often use sharp tools to cut out the old windshield and often nick the lip causing leaks years later.

no the windshield hasnt been replaced. and their are no exterior rust sports around the windshield. if i got it replaced would that be a waya to fix part of the problem? because my windshield is cracked but only on the bottom so its not in the way but it could be rrplaced if that would fix the problem

If you have a windshield leak then having it replaced may or may not fix it. It all depends on what is causing the leak. Check out my Leaky Windshield Fix thead for lots of info and pics on fixing rust damage.

thanks im going to call around to see if any people can just remove the windshield then see if the problem is the lip maybe this weekend if i can find someone who know what their doing

Back