• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof not working Help!

Zeromarine

Reaction score
City, State
Kamloops B.C
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport Trac xlt
Hey on my 2002 sport trac. It’s been a feeeze thaw type weather here the past while. On my way to work when the body flexed the sunroof was making a cracking noise. I’m guessing ice frozen around the seals. Etc? I hit the button to open it to see if it would stop after that and it didn’t even move. Far as I know it didn’t even try to move no sound or anything. Maybe it did but I had the radio on. Now the button does nothing. I was going to check the fuses but I’m not sure which one it is. So two things would this weather cause the cracking/rattle noise from the sunroof ( never done it before). And any idea why the button does nothing now? It worked perfectly in the summer the last time I used it.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That just it I’m not sure what one it would be ? It’s the fuse box under the hood?
I don’t have a manual to know what one it is.
Can they pop that fast when they are frozen? Thanks

There is a fuse box on the driver end of dash. Check em all.

I know my mountaineer is weird, along with other fords. a blown fuse in one circuit will affect another. Trust me.

You might try this ( found on google)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac (2000 - 2005) - fuse box diagram - Auto Genius

If it is correct fuse 27 7.5 amp is listed for 2002-2003 but up on the list moonroof is on fuse 20. There is also a relay in the circuit.

You really shouldn't be trying to operate it when it sounds like it is frozen shut from ice buildup. Hope the fuse is blown instead of tearing up any part of the mechanism.

Ya dumb move I know. I’ll check it out this weekend. thanks all

Back