• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger 4.0l SOHC

COleg

Reaction score
City, State
Moose Jaw, SK.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited
Hi I am new to this forum so to begin with I would like to say hello I have read many posts over the last couple years since I have owned an explorer, started out with a 93 xlt and then a year ago I sold it and bought a 1999 Limited 4.0l SOHC. Presently performance wise it is as stock as it gets. 250+KM on it (not miles, kilometers). The only thing i have done is changed shocks previous owner had on it for Monroe Sensa-trac shocks. And I use Quaker state high mileage oil not cause I think its the best but cause I know a good oil is important in longevity.

I read some older forums about using the supercharger from a early 90s thunderbird and I know a guy who has one but I cannot find online anywhere the type of intake manifold I will need. Forums past said to check out ebay but there is nothing there. IF this is not doable anymore then I will forget about it but if its still available somewhere then I would like to tackle the project since from the pictures I've seen online it looks cool when you open the hood. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Back