Ford_Racing_Guy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Spencer, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT & '98 XLT AWD
ok this has most likely been posted somewhere i'm sure

but anyway, does anybody here have a superchip installed in any of there vehicles?

is it a sure-fire way to get more power instantly?

i'm looking into getting superchip for my 95 thunderbird next spring,

and i might get one for my explorer if its worth it, and if i have the money

comments would be very appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look into Apten, www.apten-us.com , he is arguably currently the best Explorer chip maker.

yeah i have a superchip, you better run 91 or 93 though...i nboticed a diff but i have no clue about apten. i never put it on a dyno to see difference, that would ovbiously be best way

:eek:
I had a superchip in my '91 for years. Then California started measuring NOX (whatever the hell that is) as part of their SMOG test and the chip was causing it to fail. I guess because of the advancing of the timing? Anywho, I had to remove it to get it to pass, and when I did, I realized I couldn't tell the difference (actually I was noticing how well it was running since putting the chip back in and I realized I had never put the thing back in.)
Now it sits in a box in my garage collecting dust, and has been there for around 2 years.
300 bucks I wish I'd spent elsewhere.

I too had one and subsequently removed it, and noticed no loss in power but did gain a mpg while towing.

Mine too sits in a box in the garage gathering dust.

Wow. That's funny cuz I was towing at the time as well. My guess is that whatever it did it did at the sacrifice of low end torque.
Hey wpurple, wanna hook some duracells up to them and race them around the garage? Or, a sculpture, I bet we could make something nice with them and sell it on eBay. If there are buyers out there for giant cheetos we should be able to sell a superchip statue! ;)

well their are several different stage chips,
and then their are the custom chips,

which ones did you guys get?

If I recall correctly, it was JET industries? Sounds right. And, you are correct, I'm sure there are chips out there that work. That one however I do not recommend.

Apten is very good. With premium in the difference is very noticeable.

Back