• Register Today It's free!

superchips question

biggon71

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
There is a superchips model 1865 on my local CL. This model covers gas ford trucks suv and mustangs. I look at the specific models offered, and there was a mustang 5.0, and explorers, but not explorers with 5.0.

Could I still use this chip?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best bet would be to call their tech support dept and ask. If support isn't listed for a specific vehicle, it probably isn't supported. FYI, SCT makes a device for the 5.0L explorers. It only gives you another 10hp and 11tq but it also supports custom tuning if you wanted to do any performance mods.

RC

It only covers the 4.0L on the mountaineer/explorer. Like the previous poster suggested, you will have to use a different programmer for the 5.0 on the explorer/mountaineer.

That's why i said SCT has a device for the 5.0L Explorer/Mountaineer cause i'm using one on mine. Maybe if you read the last sentence of my previous post,

"SCT makes a device for the 5.0L explorers. It only gives you another 10hp and 11tq but it also supports custom tuning if you wanted to do any performance mods."

RC, not sure why you are getting so touchy. I was directly answering the OP's question regarding a specific item on craigslist.

Back