Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
Well, about three weeks ago, I installed the new 133 coils from Superlift. The old 118 settled 3/4 of an inch within this same time frame and right now I am still 3/4 of an inch higher in the front. The drop is just as good, if not better than the 118's and the stuff is about the same. They also ride smoother than the 118's. I still want a solid front w/ coil overs, but this will do for now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coils

Mac,
Did you have any trouble getting the new ones from Superlift? I want to get the new ones for my Explorer, but I don't want to have it down for two weeks waiting for parts.

Re: Coils

I installed the 133 springs two weeks ago. They're better, stronger and it's looks like I'll be able to keep the front end aligned better.
I called Superlift direct and they shipped me the new coils right away, they arrived in about four days. I had to charge them to my visa account, $109.00. they will credit my account as soon as they receive my old #118 coils. This is better than keeping the Explorer down for two weeks.

I spoke w/ Marty. He just sent me the new coils at no cost. I still have the old ones in the garage.

Just had the new 133 front coils installed two days ago. They look and work great! Off the vehicle the new 133's measured exactly 20.0", my old sagged 118's measured 19 1/4". It's nice to have that 3/4" back. The vehicle is now almost perfectly level (it now sits about 1/8" to 1/4" high in front, which should settle to be perfectly level).

I like the ride quality improvement, much better! Aligning was easy and it tracks down the road much straighter. Overall, a big improvement.

Superlift was very easy to deal with, the 133's arrived 3 days after my call to them. I dealt with Dave, ext. 243. I've had various problems in the past with assorted Superlift items, but they've always followed up and made everything right. You can't say that about many companies these days.

Thanks Mac for posting this thread, for without it I wouldn't have known about the 133's.

Back