Update, Superlift Coils 5.5" lift. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Update, Superlift Coils 5.5" lift.

Gofast

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McKinney, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
76 Bronco
4 Wheel parts just called and asked me to pick up the truck. When I showed up they gave me the invoice.

Part # 118 for the front coils! Yes, I was a little upset. They insisted, despite what I told them that #118 was the correct coils. After a short conversation, they called Superlift.

Superlift asked what motor I had in the truck, " The 4.0 "
and said that you could use #123 or #133, but that #123 might be to soft and collapse.

Needless to say 4 Wheel parts was a little upset at this point. Superlift, never sent out a notice that the #133 springs needed to be used for an Explorer lift with the 4.0 motor. All of 4 wheel parts books ( Supplied by Superlift ) and computers show that part # 118 is to be used. A company wide memo is going out at 4 wheel parts today about the change.

But, Buyer beware! Check the invoice and make sure you have the right part number for your coils. # 133

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well...

I just called 4 wheel wholesalers, and they gave me a bunch of sh$% about that fact that the #118's are the right ones and that. I personally really do not like them and would not recommend them to anybody. But thats beside the point. I called superlift, and they said that the #133's are a new product that they came out with about last month. he said the easiest way I could get them is warranty out the #118's and have him send me the #133's. I'm planning on doing that, but I have to front the mone and have them sent to me, or send mine and have my daily driver truck out of service for awhile, not to mention pay for shipping. So that's my redicament, and I will eventually do that, because I'm replacing a bunch of other stuff on the front as well. So that's my input.

Oh the pain.....

I feel your Pain. I really had to be persistant with them about this issue. I told them when I dropped my truck off 6 days ago which springs to put on there and who to talk to at Superlift. They still put #118's back on it. I refused to take my truck and made them call Superlift while I was there. Of course it's 30 miles one way to there store from my work and I had to do without my daily driver now since Saturday. I can't wait to see if they try to charge me for an alignment.

For what its worth, Most dealerships arn't any better when you try to get warrenty work done either. It seems that anytime you have someone else work on your truck you have to play this game.

Good Luck

Hey GoFast, I was wondering what you would reccomend. Now that I am in the middle of 5.5 superlift converson I am skeptical about using superlift coils at all. The reasons for this are my bumpers. You've seen them I don't want to spend money on a set of coils that are going to "deflate" within the first year especially with that kind of weight. Let me get this straight the the strongest superlift coils are the 118's? Do you know of any different brands of coils that might work? Thanks Robbie

The 133's are the strong ones

RobbieJ. The 133's are the strong ones. They are supposed to lift a little more ( Maybe 1/4" or 1/2" ) and are stiffer. These should work with your bumper too. Mine clear 35's now with no problems, so with your 33's and that mega bumper you should be fine. Should be a free swap too. Give it a shot anyway.

Good Luck

rob where r the pictures of your truck now?

Back