superlift vs trailmaster for 95+ X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

superlift vs trailmaster for 95+ X

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
I have been reading the posts and some say to stay away from superlift and some say stay away from trailmaster for the 98+ ranger lifts....

I was going to go with a 3" body lift, tt, shackles... but am thinking now suspension.....
I am not sure as to which one i should go with... I know RCD is coming out with a cool set-up but from what i hear its going to be pretty expensive and they cant even give a price yet..... I found the trailmaster lift for $1300... anyplace to get it cheaper? anyone selling theirs to get the RCD- i would be interested in it-

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The problem with the Trailmaster 98+ is that you'll have to cut your tortion mounts off your truck... With the superlift they have a bolt on application that goes over your existing tortion mount...

some is selling a 98 ranger superlift 4" front end lift for $800 on here...i think that will work..look in the for sale section...the thread is something like "Needs to go". Most things i have heard, is that thr superlift is better than the trailmaster.

here...even found the thread for ya

Dead Link Removed

Stay away from Traildisaster. In addition to what was mentioned above, they have a crappy steering slide setup and balljoint spacers, instead of a spindle.

--Sean

SSIKORA - thanks for the link!

Heath - so if i go with a superlift i will not have to cut my old torsion mounts off (1996 explorer).... but just bolt the superlift piece over the old mount??

thanks guys-

where is a good place to order a superlift kit from?

yes...the torsion bar brackets for the superlift "piggyback" your existing mounts.

i was just looking on the Rocky Mountain suspension system site and they have listed the 96-01 EXPLORER super lift system.... its says that it comes with rear leaf springs.... this means it comes with arched rear springs so I dont have to do a SOA conversion or would i still need to do that? Not sure if any of you know that but figured i would ask.

You can get the Superlift springs. That will allow you to keep your SUA and not have to do the SOA. For the price though of the SUA, you could do a bunch of SOA's.

The trailmaster and superlift kitts for the explorer both come with 4" lifted leafs too.

You don't have to do a SOA but there are some benefits to it over lifted leaves.

I thought you usually had to buy the leafs seperate?

I wouldnt mid doing the SOA but i was thinking... if i go to sell the truck and want to keep the lift or remove it before selling.... well i would be easier to just unbolt everything and remove it.

4" Superlift Explorer and Explorer Sport Trac features:
*Retains factory ride quality, steering geometry & CV axle angles
*New nodular iron knuckles, not ball joint spacers
*Load bearing bracketry made of 0.1875" thick plate steel of heavy-wall tubing
*Longer front anti-sway bar links maintain factory bar geometry
*Full-width differential/control arm crossmembers provide lateral rigidity
*Front & rear Superide shocks with yellow boots
*Rear leaf springs

for how much?

$1,556

go for it.

Dont forget about front driveshaft and stuff like that though.

oh ya- forgot about that- what has to be done to the front drive shaft? the stock one will not work at all??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sign on AIM if you can.

Back