Suspension Lift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension Lift

Sorry i didnt read what Mak said and that he didnt have TB.......Welll the Perrys are still something to consider, they'll give you clearence

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this whole thread is messed up. If you have a 1995, you have torsion bars.

There you have it. Theres 6" of lift if you following through with this method

Then verify for me what torsion bars look like. Then I will check again

Per your request Dead Link Removed ;)

Oh ok I see what your talking about now. So I could get 6 in. out of a 4 in. lift? And would i need to buy a two jaw puller?

You can get 2" max out of the torsion twist. All you need is a wrench to turn the torsion bar adjuster bolt and either some AALs or shackles for the rear.

Ok thank you and after double checking I saw my torsion bars.

2 in. stock torsion bars

If I adjust my torsion bars with no lift kit could I still get 2in. out of them. Or do I need a lift kit to to get more lift out of them. Because this weekend if I can, I am going to adjust them to get my lift started. Can I do this? If so, how?

Mr. Souc said:
If I adjust my torsion bars with no lift kit could I still get 2in. out of them. Or do I need a lift kit to to get more lift out of them. Because this weekend if I can, I am going to adjust them to get my lift started. Can I do this? If so, how?

If you mean that you haven't adjusted them yet, then yes you can get 2" out of it.

Mr. Souc said:

Just so you know not everybody gets the full 2" out of the tt, lot of diff factors here, if you don't get the full 2" you could get longer bolts to replace the factory, I have a 2" tt right now on d rated bars and going to get longer bolts to do a 4" tt, not recommended though due to angle of cv's and other stuff up front.

what about the rear, I noticed my torsion bars atmost only go to about the transmission. If I do this to the front what parts would I need for the rear. Or do the bars lift the whole truck at once?

Nope bars only lift the front, you can get aal which adds more leafs to your current leaf packs and warrior shackles which give about 1-2 of lift in the rear, there are a lot of diff options for the rear.

Where can you buy the warrior shakles?

Can I keep the shackles on and also put a 4 inch suspension lift on too?

you will be uneven. Your best bet if you go the superlift route is to go SOA or get the superlift rear springs.

Right now I have the 2"BL, the 4" Superlift with about 1.5" TT, and SOA in the rear with stock shackles and I am pretty even.

will the superlift make it even? and which end of the truck would be uneven (front or back) and it is a considerably noticeable thing?

not to go out of subject but where in the hell is the SAW or SPOUT connector and what does it look like. It's for the timing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back