Swamper TRXUS ALL-terrain | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swamper TRXUS ALL-terrain

I searched around here and didn't see much on the Swamper Trxus All Terrains. Is there anybody that runs them?

I read their Trxus MTs wear fairly quickly, but nothing is ever mentioned regarding the All Terrains.

Anybody want to share some info??

Save all the BFG, MTR, Pro Comp blah, blah stuff;) .
I'm just lookin for info on these. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didnt know Interco made a truxxs all terrain. If I had the money for tires my choice would be the LTB. Sorry had to add my 2cts.

Mark

I don't like the looks of those all terrains, and the tread pattern doesn't look like it'd work that well in any situation, but I'm not a tire expert.

for thoes that havent seen it
Dead Link Removed

hmmmm...those look interesting.

Instead of those get ProComp X-Terrains.

man, those look like they would be good in sand..but thats about it...

I know they are kinda weird and all, but they are an inexpensive radial ($120 each) and an all terrain that looks like it isn't a bigger version of a car tire (like BFG's AT).

Alec, I like the looks of the procomp X's but at $170 each and not being too sure about the tire life (mostly road...it is a DD afterall, just a couple light, off road runs a month), I find it hard to justify. How long do you think they'd last for me....30K-35K maybe?

On a side note, is 3 5/16" way too much for backspacing on a 15X8? I really like the MT Classic II, but that is the only backspace they got. I know it is less than the 3.75 most recommend on here...but I am wondering if it'd still be alright.

Those don't look like they would clean well in much. I don't think they could handle the stuff we have down here in VA.

:eek: These tires are great in the sand, snow, and even perform well on slick rock. They are very quiet on the road. They also seem to be lasting pretty good, but I've only had mine for about 2 mo. For those who are looking for A larger A/T Mine are 38" 15 1/2" and I believe they have larger sizes as well. I would suggest these tires to anybody looking for A good A/T.

they make those in 44x21.5. thats a huge tire. i saw some on a huge chevy truck. they look really weird when rolling

Originally posted by donavon
:eek: These tires are great in the sand, snow, and even perform well on slick rock. They are very quiet on the road. They also seem to be lasting pretty good, but I've only had mine for about 2 mo. For those who are looking for A larger A/T Mine are 38" 15 1/2" and I believe they have larger sizes as well. I would suggest these tires to anybody looking for A good A/T.
What are you running those 38s on?

Robb

Good, then you've got the $$$ for a digital camera or the likes...

drumroll...

pictures please?

(I'm the collector)

serious don, i would like to see some pictures of this beast... sounds liek a cool truck (if it is real) anyways, the bfg at dont look like a street tire.... show me a street tire that looks like them and i will believe you... the bfgs are very nice in fact..... they work well on the street and do good in the goo as well.... also they work in rocks and sand.... anyways, check out the kumho muds... they are cheap..... and they are supposed to last like 40ish.....

I'm working on getting some pics on here. As for money I don't have alot. I did the lift all custom. I only bought the rear leafs, front coils and the track bar. I also had to buy two tires at A time in order to afford them.

Back