• Register Today It's free!

sway bar end link bushings

Eric simelaro

Reaction score
City, State
Ntown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Hello. Forgive me if this is in the wrong place I am new here. At last inspection my mechanic told me the wife's Explore needs new font sway bar end link bushings. (it needs other things as well but I have a handle on that) My question is should I replace the front and back sway bar end link bushings at the same time? I thinking about doing Energy suspension front and rear kits for the 1995 Explorer. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sure. Why not lol. That's up to you. Lots of factors if you plan on replacing anything such as, how old is it, is the bushing wearing down, how long do you plan on keeping the truck. I mean sway bar end links are cheap sooo... Bushings even cheaper. What ever helps you sleep at night. I mean unless the bushings are starting to go or you just want to replace everything. go for it.

I made sure to replace the bushings and end links both on front and rear.It made a HUGE !!! difference.

I just purchased 4 Moog poly bushing front end-links from RockAuto. One set for my 2000 Monty and one set for my 2001 Sport Trac. Under $9 each and IMO the best you can buy.
MOOG K700542

Sometimes the link is rusted and breaks when removed, mandating that the whole link be replaced. Just a heads up. YMMV
PS: energy suspension has good products in my limited experience.

The rear links are well made with enclosed rubber, but you can quickly look at them and see if they need replacing. I've bought two pairs of those from Ford, they ran about $15 each, years ago. I had one pair of a new truck I bought really bad, and did both trucks I had then to be sure things were good.

ES makes great front end link bushings and kits. Moog and Ford OEM are also great bushings if they are the right large bushings. Don't settle for small bushings, small diameter which will break down, wear out too fast. ES sells kits for both levels, I haven't bought any since 2006ish so I can't help with part numbers there.

Back