Swedens only lifted 1st gen | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swedens only lifted 1st gen

So I finally got everything in place, rims delivered (AR 767), tires delivered (Super Swampers SSR 32x11.5x15, and balanced. Also weather was fine. Time for the 3" PA793 BL.
The Roughcountry 2" suspension lift was done last october...
Took me some evenings to get the bumpers, and bodymounts off. All was kind of rusted and some bolts had become one with the frame...
Parts were bought from spain : http://www.solojeep.com/ Europe people, I can recommend them!
I had some issues with the steering but after drilling the steeringflange and relocated those parts a bit downwards it worked out ok. Also some fendercutting had to be done.
Next step is homefab tubebumpers...
Any way here is the pics:
Before with 31" tires:
Unlifted.jpg

After:
LiftedSide.jpg

Hope you like it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter Westling said:
I heard that inches origin was the maximum legal thickness of the stick you should use when punish your wife or "raise" you kids some hundred years ago :)

:thumbsup:

I like it...

Also like the truck.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

those headlights look liek the regular h6054 bubls we have here.... same lights as whats on my yota.....

Here's mine... I like the different look of the front end... :cool:
DSC01202.jpg

looks good. weird lookin headlights though:D tailights look weird too.:D

taillights look different since they have to incorporate an amber colored turn signal... instead of reverse lights. Reverse light goes into the bumper together with a rear fog light.

taillights look different since they have to incorporate an amber colored turn signal... instead of reverse lights. Reverse light goes into the bumper together with a rear fog light.

Dre, that is the exact bumper I want! What diameter of the tubing is that?
Where did you get it from?

//Peter

Dre, that is the exact bumper I want! What diameter of the tubing is that?
Where did you get it from?

//Peter
I believe it's a 2" tubbing - made by Smittybilt - for sale here in the states... I think. I got it like 5 years ago, don't know if they still sell them. I always wanted an ARB and even got an ARB clone from Europe in 2003 but then I sold the truck - I miss that truck!

496truck009.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I wil checkout smittybilt and see whats ou there...
Abount the european ARB clone, do you have the website/adress/name of that manufacturer?

Nice Explorer

Maybe I can convince my wife to spend more money on my Mounataineer with this thread. Her great grand parents came from Sweeden & settled in Iowa.

She gets deap into her Sweedish ancestry

It can be bad around our house at times with her Sweedish ancestry & my German ancestry.

Two stuborn hot heads can come to:rant: :rant: sometimes.

My only wish is to take it out more often... the truck!

as for the bumper? I wish I had more info. I bought it from the guy that wrecked his Explorer - bought it in Poland and had it shipped. The only info I have is that it was built by someone in Warsaw... someone that does this kind of custom stuff. Nothing more. I tried to find out more info but never got anywhere. Sold my truck and now regred it. I should of at least kept the bumper. :rolleyes:

I heard that inches origin was the maximum legal thickness of the stick you should use when punish your wife or "raise" you kids some hundred years ago

ACTUALLY....that's not true about inches.....but that IS how the phrase "Rule of thumb" came about. You could not use a stick thicker than your thumb.

Ryan

looks really good. and i like the lights. lol

Kul att man stöter på nån annan svensk här! Jag håller oxå på å leker med min explorer, än så länge så har jag bara åstakommit en ny motor med massa godis i.. nästa steg är karossen som ska få sig en vända... få se vad man hittar på för kul ... kanske hörs.. =) ha de bra....

Såg inte att du hade postat, jag har inte vart närvarande ett tag, fått lite barn, bygger hus (Garage så att man kan mecka i värme..)
Hur går det för dig? Blir det något resultat?

yah that is not understandable...^

is the rear axle different too? it looks like its ****ed upward?? Am i seeing things? Nice lookin truck though. At first i thought it looked like a early 90's s10 blazer.

Fischerry: We speak in a secret codelang called swedish..;)

Biggs92EB: The rear axle is standard stock, according to the axlecodes on the sticker that is placed under the hood (in Europe there is no on the short side of the door..) it is a 3.73 LS.

I'm also in sweden, and i'm trying to find some new shocks for my 94 Explorer. Do you know of any webshop where i can buy some? Your car is kickass

Anders, I have mailed you about the shocks.
Nice to see a new Swedish member here!
Welcome and start lift your truck..;)

Back